Front window scratches - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2010, 05:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Front window scratches

Anyone else have front window scratches really bad from the molding? Mine are HORRIBLE. Like when i roll the windows up and down they screech like nails on a chalkboard and you can visibly see the scratches which are more noticible near the bottom but go all the wya up the window. Anyways I took my truck to my dealer earlier this summer and asked if they could do anything for me since there's a TSB out about the molding scratchign the windows.

My answer was the since I was out of my 36k warranty that they could only replace it for me if it were a recall and not a TSB. They said it would be atleast $700 for the new windows and molding, plus I would have to get them re-tinted. Anyone else go through an ordeal like this or actually get yours replaced in or out of 36k warranty?

I've thought about writing a letter to ford seeing if they could do anything for me as I have been a loyal customer my whole life. It kinda sucks to have a $50K truck that has the steering wheel peeling and the windows screeching and scratched to pieces. And it's not like I offroad or anything, it's a pavement princess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Premium Member

I've got some scratches on mine from going up and down, but nothing like what your describing. When the window is down snap the felt seal with your fingers to get the dust and debris off of it and that should stop the noise. It did mine.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:03 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to eric.davis
I got it too and my right passenger window moves at a slower pace and my blow in door motor is messed up I just need to find the time to bring it in
Old 09-02-2010, 05:02 PM

Yes me too-driver side, scratches, nails on chalk board sound, Ford body shop has a TSB out, you should be covered, I'd get a copy of the TSB and show thr Dealers GM.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:58 PM

I talked to her and she said that since it is a TSB it would only be covered if I was in my 36,000 mile warranty. I have it on BOTH my front windows and it's REAL bad. you can see scratches going all the way up the window and I hate it, it looks horrible.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:04 PM

I've got this too and you can see it real bad especially since of the window tint.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:11 PM

Was this something fixed on later model 6.4's? I get a sound every now and then but I just clean the felt with my fingers and all is good. No scratches yet. Knock on wood.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:13 PM

You have to keep your window moldings super clean or they will do this. The tsb basically increases the gap to help this from happening again.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My truck was in the dealer last week and i said whats up with all these scratches and was told that they all do it. I said there is a tsb out. Now all the parts are in and tomorrow im getting both belt moldings and both front windows replaced at fords expense o and mine has 35650 on the clock just in time i guess.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My truck has them as well . I was told by my glass guy there is nothing you can do but replace em once the damage is done . My truck's moldings just fell apart and that is what caused mine . I replaced them all last week since I had them out anyway .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.