intercooler tsb - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
intercooler tsb

I had found the tsb for the issue of building up moisture in the intercooler and was wondering how many people had this issue. Mine has all the symptoms. has anyone else had this performed?
This is the tsb:

FORD:
2008-2009 F-Super Duty

ISSUE:

Some 2008-2009 F-Super Duty 250-550 vehicles equipped with a 6.4L diesel engine and built before 10/1/2008 may exhibit significant amounts of white smoke from the exhaust pipe while driving in high humidity or rainy conditions at temperatures above 40 °F (4 °C). This smoke only appears during a moderate to full throttle tip-in that is performed after a period of steady state driving.
ACTION:

Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
SERVICE PROCEDURE

This procedure only applies if the vehicle meets the following criteria:

* Concern is described as significant amounts of white smoke from the exhaust pipe.
* White smoke only occurs in high humidity or rainy conditions above 40 °F (4 °C).
* White smoke only appears during a moderate to heavy tip-in that is performed after a period of steady state driving (approximately 20 minutes)
* No diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) are present.
* Concern is not a result of regeneration, a cleaning exhaust filter event.

If all of the criteria above is true, then replace the Charge Air Cooler Assembly with a new revised part per Workshop Manual, Section 303-12.

PART NUMBER PART NAME
7C3Z-6K775-B Charge Air Cooler Assembly

WARRANTY STATUS:

Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage And Emissions Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.
OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
082501A 2008-2009 F-Super Duty 6.4L: Replace The Charge Air Cooler, Includes Time To Check For DTCs (Do Not Use With 6775A, 12650D) 0.7 Hr.
DEALER CODING
BASIC PART NO. CONDITION CODE
6K775 42
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2010, 02:47 PM
Don't you worry about it

I just had mine changed last saturday
Old 08-23-2010, 02:55 PM

Did it help any? people told me that it reduced the turbo lag. I am in the process of making a list of things that I want to get fixed before my warranty expires.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Don't you worry about it

I cant really tell a difference in lag but I havent driven on the highway in the rain yet but im fairly confident that it will have corrected the issue. Im also having something replaced in the a/c system there is a TSB on it as well. A good idea is to find a list of all the TSB's and look through them and see if you have any of the problems and then explain to the dealership exactly the symptoms of the TSB and they will most likely fix any issues.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:03 PM

That is exactly what I am doing. I figure if i give them the print outs of the tsb's they have less excuses to not perform the work.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ok I'm new to the forum and i have 2 questions, how do u find out when trk was built and what is job 1,2,3 and again how do u find out which one u have?? thanks
Old 08-25-2010, 08:37 AM
Don't you worry about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbunk View Post
ok I'm new to the forum and i have 2 questions, how do u find out when trk was built and what is job 1,2,3 and again how do u find out which one u have?? thanks
Open up your drivers side door and there is a sticker that should have a manf. date. that will tell you when your truck was made. From the beginning of production of the 2008 models in January 2007 until the July 4th summer break in 2007, the trucks were all Job 1 trucks. Since January, 2008, we have been under Job 3 of the 2008 model year.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:37 AM
Premium Member

Your build date is on the sticker on the drivers side door. I can't remember when the job #'s are but it's based off the build date. Run a search on here on how to find job #. I hate it when people tell people to just search instead of repeating an answer but I just can't remember.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:40 AM
Premium Member

I found it for you.

job 1 is anything before 8/07 and job 2 is 8/07 to 12/07 job 3 is 1/08 to whenever they started on the 09's
Old 08-25-2010, 08:43 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsgs69400 View Post
Did it help any? people told me that it reduced the turbo lag. I am in the process of making a list of things that I want to get fixed before my warranty expires.
I may be wrong, but I thought that if you had an issue that was addressed in a TSB it doesn't matter if the warranty is expired or not. My last truck was a 95 Dodge 12V that had an open TSB on it for the spring perches. The dealer fixed it for free under the TSB even though I had 250,000 miles on it. Does anybody know if this applies to Ford?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.