pull off. NEW FORD VS OLD FORD - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2010, 01:33 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
pull off. NEW FORD VS OLD FORD

so my boss challenged me to a pull off after work this coming friday. we got a grand riding on this. my 08 f-350 vs his 79 f-250 ranger with a 4 speed?(truck is mint with low miles and a 400 motor) i have a lot power on him but we are taking both our trucks to a local sand and gravel place to weigh in so he can put some weight in his bed... i've never done a pull off but dont wanna lose! lol. give me some thoughts and suggestions please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Make sure that your reciever ball is the same height or higher than his. If yours is higher it will take the weight of the rear of his truck and put it on yours.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:48 PM

thats great info to know thanks! i feel like his trucks a bit higher though so well have to get that figured out. what u thinkin 4lo in drive or 1 or 2?
Old 08-22-2010, 01:50 PM

I never done one before but I think 4hi should be better. You might tear something up doing it in 4 Low. Just make sure you get traction first cause the first person to lose traction will always lose.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:57 PM

the last thing i wanna do is break something........ what should i put my spratan on the tow tune?
Old 08-22-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08kingranch6.4 View Post
the last thing i wanna do is break something........ what should i put my spratan on the tow tune?
Power really doesn't have too much play in this type of competition. Traction is the key here. Like I said I never done one personally but I have read a lot of threads about it and all I read about is traction, traction, traction. So maybe lowing your tire pressure will help. What type of tires are you running?
Old 08-22-2010, 02:02 PM

i was the stock 20 inch wheels with good year wrangler 275/65/20s? 33 inch tire i think
Old 08-22-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08kingranch6.4 View Post
i was the stock 20 inch wheels with good year wrangler 275/65/20s? 33 inch tire i think
Actually they are 34's. If you have a buddy you can borrow some mudding tires that would help you out.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:12 PM

power is null and void in tug-a-wars. wat ur looking for is traction and patience. if hes got a manual tranny hes not gonna be able to stay locked up with u long or the clutch will be going. ur best bet is to put ur brakes on hard and watch him in ur mirror and wait for him to get over-zelous ont he clutch and break the tires loose. when this happens jus giv er som throttle and drive off with him. DO NOT FLOOR IT!!! gentle is key hear. u do not wanna blow the tires off in excitment. also take some air out of the tire to get the biggest contact patch on the ground u can. ull drag him no problem, if ur front end doesnt start chattering up and down.

also u want to be in 4lo to put the least amount of strain on the tranny as possible to keep it cool as possible. u wont break anything, specially being ur gonna pull on gravel/dirt.

PS- get a vid.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDiesel View Post
power is null and void in tug-a-wars. wat ur looking for is traction and patience. if hes got a manual tranny hes not gonna be able to stay locked up with u long or the clutch will be going. ur best bet is to put ur brakes on hard and watch him in ur mirror and wait for him to get over-zelous ont he clutch and break the tires loose. when this happens jus giv er som throttle and drive off with him. DO NOT FLOOR IT!!! gentle is key hear. u do not wanna blow the tires off in excitment. also take some air out of the tire to get the biggest contact patch on the ground u can. ull drag him no problem, if ur front end doesnt start chattering up and down.

also u want to be in 4lo to put the least amount of strain on the tranny as possible to keep it cool as possible. u wont break anything, specially being ur gonna pull on gravel/dirt.

PS- get a vid.
So he won't hurt anything in 4lo?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.