2 Small Paint Flaws (Sand Size)..Would You..? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 09:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2 Small Paint Flaws (Sand Size)..Would You..?

press on the dealer to have them fixed? One looks like a grain of sand under the clear coat. It is on the drivers side front fender. The second is a small scratch (about 1/8" long) that shows silver. It is on the drivers side rear fender. The 3rd is another sand sized speck that is again under the clear coat. It is on the top of the truck. The dealer said that to repair them might end up looking worse than they do now. Is he just trying to get out of the expense? Would this not be a warranty issue so no cost to the dealer? If you did not know they were there you most likely would not see them. I did not notice them until I clayed my truck. I have only had the truck 2 weeks. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2010, 09:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to BIGBILL105 45
I worked at a dealership for awhile and I also went to school for auto body/paint work. Your truck has a 1 year "anything" warranty on it. It doesn't matter if the chrome on your grille bubbles, lights get water in them, paint defects, and sometimes even if you get a flat tire they will cover it. They will be able to fix the paint problems that you listed. They just don't want to because that is going to be a pretty penny out of their wallet. With your truck being a 2010, they will have no problem at all matching the paint. I would push it until they fix the problems on the truck. They may not fix the scratch since they can say you did that but they will have to fix the dirt in the clear.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:09 AM

How good do you think your dealer body shop is? I had two sand like specs on the tail gate of my 01. I had them fix it and regretted it. It looked good when they were done but it was like the clear coat wasn't as hard on the tail gate compared to the factory stuff on the rest of the truck. IE, got the little clearcoat scratches that happen with a sponge or something like that easier than the rest of the truck.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:25 AM

The dealership has no body shop as it is a small town dealership. The detail guy said he would not try to fix the problems. I would not want him to even try as he is a young guy (about 23) and has no body shop experience at all. The truck would have to be taken to a body shop to have the flaws fixed & I think that is why they (the dealership) want me to just live with it.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:53 AM

Mine werent very bad and I wouldn't have it painted if I had it to do over. Sounds like yours might be more noticeable and maybe it would be worth taking it somewheere to get it done. Not sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.