Approaching 36,000 miles - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 06:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Approaching 36,000 miles

I have a 2008 F-350 CC with 35k miles. Is there anything I need to look at to bring to dealer's attention prior to rolling over 36k? Particularly wondering about radiator problems, and if so, what to look for? I am the second owner of this truck and have not had it very long, and am not familiar with problems specific to this year model/powertrain combo as far as warranty issues.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2010, 07:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mine is the same as yours except it's a DRW and I had a radiator leak, EGT sensor problem, fuel seperator problem, and the cd did not work. They put in a new radio/cd and it does not work either. My headlight switch is also going bad and they have ordered one. Also check your weather stripping, I can't believe how poorly it fits on these trucks. A bunch of mine on the lower part of the exterior windows had "bowed" out and had allowed water down into the door panel. They did not believe me so I pull off the rear drivers side door panel and showed them all of the mold, that shut em up. Don't knonw if all of these things are common, but mine also has 35K and this is what I had to have done last week.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I would make absolutely sure you dont have any coolant leaking. I have 31,000 on my job 3 08 and just had the upper radiator hose changed a few weeks ago because it was leaking coolant. I just found a few small drops of coolant under my truck yesterday so its back to the dealer tomorrow to see what is leaking now.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Have them check everything mine only has 30k and they cant find out where the coolant is leaking from. going through about a gallon and a half every other week.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:26 PM

i had a coolant leak at 71k and they fixed it under warrant, not sure that would be the top of my worries
Old 09-01-2010, 01:55 AM

amb82: They are working on your truck under warranty witih the mods you have on it?

Bassman: Look at your rubber seals like said above. Mine tore and leaked around the doors. Don't know why??? Open your doors and run your fingers down the grooves in the seals to see if there are any rips. I had mine replaced and haven't had a problem since. Mine is a 08 job 3. Maybe they got some bad rubber???? Just look her over real good and check out all of the systems. Also my AC fan control went bad so I had that replaced.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.