2009 F250 lack of power - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2009 F250 lack of power

I traded my 2006 duramax less than a year ago for a 2009 F250 after a break down.I was told the Ford would perform at least as good as my Duramax.It has been in the shop three time for lack of power. Today I took it and my 7000 lb RV to the dealer.The tech pluged in his computer and we took it for a drive.He said it had too much back pressure and was at 100% load and said he thought it needed a new pdf filter.When we got back they called Ford and they said it was all normal and nothing was wrong with the truck to check the trailer brakes.The truck stays at 2800 rpms at 70 mph towing 7000lbs on flat land and it will not go into overdrive.You can put the gas pedal to the floor and it barely gains speed.When climbing a steep hill it tacks out at 3000 rpms and just looses speed fast.It seems like it has a governor on it.My Duramax would pull the same camper up the hill and gain speed.This truck feels like it has half the power.Is it just me or is it the truck or does the Duramax have that much more power?Ford told me today in so many words they didn't care.Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

It definitely seems like its bogged down for some reason. The duramax and powerstroke should be comparable in power levels. How does the truck perform when its unloaded?

It sounds like the dealer doesn't want to help you. I would try another dealer in the area. See if they will do anything for you.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW794 View Post
It definitely seems like its bogged down for some reason. The duramax and powerstroke should be comparable in power levels. How does the truck perform when its unloaded?

It sounds like the dealer doesn't want to help you. I would try another dealer in the area. See if they will do anything for you.
It feels weak unloaded also.I have been to three dealers.I am going to test drive a 2010 Duramax and pull my camper tomorrow.I would like to drive another 09 f250 to compare to mine.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:02 AM

My trailer weighs close to 8k and even before tuning I could yank it around like it wasn't there. Definately something wrong. Took mine to the smokey mountains and would pass people all day long going up grades.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin24 View Post
My trailer weighs close to 8k and even before tuning I could yank it around like it wasn't there. Definately something wrong. Took mine to the smokey mountains and would pass people all day long going up grades.
That is what everybody is saying.Ford says if it is running it is fine.Three dealers say they can only do what Ford tells them to do but aggree something is wrong.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My 2008 was doing the same thing took it to the dealer 5 times finily the last time the installed the newest tune in my truck has way more power and goes into regen half the time it use to.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:46 PM

As others have said somethign is wrong, I have an 08 and pull my 9k travel trailer like it doesn't exist.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:52 PM

ya man dont go buy a new d max, the 06 tuned would kill a stock poerstroke but thats comparing apples and oranges,, i would just take the dpf off the ford, your going to get way better performance and the new d maxs struggle more then the new fords,, just an fyi!
Old 08-11-2010, 05:53 PM

*** buy something without a dpf***
Old 08-14-2010, 08:24 AM
Powerstroke Techie

I think you need a bigger signature picture, in my opinion.

Some of us are still running 800x600, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.