Strange happenings DPF cleaning - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 03:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Strange happenings DPF cleaning

Maybe someone could shed some light on this for me. I have had the 9-19-10 computer flash for 2 months. I always get the normal "cleaning exhaust filter" message for 2-3 seconds, then goes back to normal driving with audible difference. Well today, it started to regen, the "cleaning exhaust filter" message poped up but this time it stayed on. I drive for about 10 more miles until i arrive home (with the message still on), put it in park and i get a "drive to clean exhaust filter" message. I have never got this message before. Even when parking under regens previously. Does anyone have info on this? I didnt reference the manual; im guessing its pretty much obsolete with this new flash as my truck is an 08.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2010, 03:42 PM
Warheads on Foreheads

that's the message I get every time I park the truck during a regen. it's normal. not sure why you have never seen it before though
Old 08-06-2010, 04:55 PM

That message often shows up when you've aborted too many regens and the truck would really like you to finish one. So it's asking you to go drive the truck and let the regen complete. I used to get it every now and then when I did a bunch of back and forth city driving and never let it finish a regen.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Dude, rip that CRAP outa there!!!

But on a serious note, it seems like you have been lucky and not requiring too many regens, but now it's caught up with ya. My buddies '08 F450 will regen for like 5-10 miles at a time (mostly because all he does is haul a 20k lb. horse trailer everywhere, and it is not a daily driver.). It always cracks me up when I follow him to horse shows and I see the giant heat wave begin to come out from the right side of his truck.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:22 PM

im not being rude, and seriously no offense man, but im so sick of hearing REGEN problems. im sorry that ford dicked us with the warranty bind, but you know the fix is getting that delete kit put on. JUST DO IT. .. i hear so many happy PS owners with no problems (for the most part, but always some exceptions) after they put the tuner and DPF delete kit put on their truck. i know it costs money and not many of us can through money down the drain (i know i CAN'T), but if you know the fix STOP ASKING THE QUESTIONS. on top of that your asking a bunch of guys what a computer thinks and after reading dozens of these posts on REGEN, no one REALLY knows.
again im not trying to be a dick, and please dont post under me about fords **** up, cause WE ALL KNOW!!!!

Last edited by IDAHO; 08-06-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAHO View Post
im not being rude, and seriously no offense man, but im so sick of hearing REGEN problems. im sorry that your ford dicked us with the warranty bind, but you know the fix is getting that delete kit put on. JUST DO IT. .. i hear so many happy PS owners with no problems (for the most part, but always some exceptions) after they put the tuner and DPF delete kit put on there truck. i know it costs money and not many of us can through money down the drain (i know i CAN'T), but if you know the fix STOP ASKING THE QUESTIONS. on top of that your asking a bunch of guys what a computer thinks and after reading dozens of these posts on REGEN, no one REALLY knows.
again im not trying to be a dick, and please dont post under me about fords **** up, cause WE ALL KNOW!!!!
Maybe some people are afraid or don't have a mod friendly dealership that they will void the warranty if any mod is done. Trust me I have met a bunch of them.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:06 PM

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dereku
then make it stock to bring it back in right?
Old 08-06-2010, 07:16 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereku View Post
then make it stock to bring it back in right?
^
ll

worst case, bolt on and no marks = no questions by dealer!
Old 08-06-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAHO View Post
^
ll

worst case, bolt on and no marks = no questions by dealer!
Unless you are running a tuner that can be dectated. That is why I love my spartan.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac97psd View Post
Unless you are running a tuner that can be dectated. That is why I love my spartan.
well i dont have to worry about it like the rest of the guys (i feel for them).
i dont have a warranty and have never needed one. i bought the truck w/out one. my truck was 100% stock when i bought it.
used of course lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.