Regen'd 6 times today - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 04:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Regen'd 6 times today

As I posted before about not experiencing regen ever since I bought the truck, well today I was doing a lot of short distance driving and experienced the truck going into regen for few seconds 6 times. I could feel the difference in noise and the engine and once it went into regen twice between a short period of like 2 minutes.

Normal? When I got home and let the truck idle for a min or two, I placed my hand near the exhaust tip and it was hot hot hot! Can't wait to remove this stupid DPF system.

Should I worry and call dealer or just wait and safe for the delete? Thanks guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you have the most recent reflash the truck would not be in regen after you put it in park and got out to walk around to the exhaust. If the truck is regen when you place it in park it cancels regen. What you were feeling was probably just the normal tempature of exhaust. And 6 times in one day especially if it is only lasting a couple os seconds seems like alot. My 08 will go in to regen maybe once if I do a bunch of short trips in one day but will last several minutes.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:41 PM

The exhaust will stay extremely hot for a little while after regen while the system cools off and I mean like burn your skin hot.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mine started to regen quite often and now I have a new thread started about how it left me stranded at a busy intersection. Coincidence? Perhaps, but you never know.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkeru08 View Post
The exhaust will stay extremely hot for a little while after regen while the system cools off and I mean like burn your skin hot.
Ummm, even just idling for 10 minutes with 300+ egts will make all the metal hot enough to burn you.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isellpower View Post
Mine started to regen quite often and now I have a new thread started about how it left me stranded at a busy intersection. Coincidence? Perhaps, but you never know.
just saw your thread. sorry to hear that
Old 08-05-2010, 07:59 PM

the problem is without a doubt alive and kicking and not just with your truck, but the POSITIVE thing about the subject is that their IS a SOLUTION! at this point with the bull**** DPF, I would imagine the dealer is not as likely to help or inform you. they CANT deal with a hypothetical problems, they type on magic computer, and magic computer tells what to do lol.
you know the fix (delete kit), just gitter done and start loving your powerstroke again!!
Old 08-05-2010, 08:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

it just sucks we spend 45k on a new truck and it doesnt run right. i dont have an extra 1500 to spend on the delete, plus i dont want to deal with warranty issues. wish there was another option than the delete
Old 08-05-2010, 09:05 PM

^ right on the point!
Old 08-05-2010, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.4 tow rig View Post
it just sucks we spend 45k on a new truck and it doesnt run right. i dont have an extra 1500 to spend on the delete, plus i dont want to deal with warranty issues. wish there was another option than the delete
As much as i support the delete and love mine, i agree with you to the fullest. you shouldnt have to do this **** and we should not be having problems w/ a new truck like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.