'08 most current flash??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
'08 most current flash???

I just bought an '08 with just over 22k on the clock. Taking it back in to have the radiator replaced tomorrow under warranty (they say it's leaking, haven't seen it leak yet, lol). Anyway, I've had it go into what I assume is regen mode three times this week. Seems like every couple days when I pull up somewhere and put it in park, the RPM's jump up to about 800-900 and stay there for a few mins and then idle back down. I have no indication on the dash of a regen cycle. Does anyone know of the most recent flash for this thing so I can ask for it by name?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2010, 02:17 PM

the recent is 9-19-10. The only indication with this flash is "cleaning exhaust filter" will pop up for 5 seconds.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:50 PM

my 08 wont tell me either, infect it doesn't really do it at all. my buddy said his work truck goes to regen mode ALOT!!

im getting the DPF delete/programer this weekend so it wouldn't really matter. if you dont like the fuel it burns or the regen mode then i think i speak for everyone when i say you should GET THE PROGRAMER/DPF DELETE.

hmmmm. . . . 22k on the ticker. . . i can only imagine your response to my post lol
good luck
Old 08-04-2010, 06:59 PM

sorry to jack your thread, but is there any other reason to get these trucks reflashed? my "cleaning exhaust filter" stays up throught out the procces and i would like to keep it that way. so other than that does it give you any performance gains or anything?
Old 08-04-2010, 07:13 PM

Lol. I would love to have the benefits of the DPF delete/Programmer, but for now I don't want to void the warranty. Would just a plug and play programmer (like a bully dog gt, etc.) help with the fuel economy? Something I could take off if it needed to go to the dealer.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseltruckin View Post
Lol. I would love to have the benefits of the DPF delete/Programmer, but for now I don't want to void the warranty. Would just a plug and play programmer (like a bully dog gt, etc.) help with the fuel economy? Something I could take off if it needed to go to the dealer.
Those types will void your warranty, you need to check out the tuners that are very hard to trace.....
Old 08-09-2010, 08:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

08 F450 6.4

We are currently trying to decide how the best way to reprogram and DPF delete two of my trucks. I drive my truck bout 1,000 miles per week. 40% of the time towing 12,000lbs the other 60% empty. I have a gear vendor unit and that works great. I have a local company that is recommending SCT unit with a custom tune. This is from Browns Deisel. I believe these guys are a good firm however, everything I see on the forum recommends the Spartan system. What do you all think?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.