Anybody wanna buy a 6.4? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 05:28 PM
a truck

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry Anybody wanna buy a 6.4?

Cause I am beyond fed up with this truck. Lets just say today wasnt the best day to start with and coming home from work and unloading all my tools from the truck then parking it and having this happen just really ended the day off on a great note

The amount of problem threads Ive made lately cause of this truck is astounding. My OBS broke waaaaay less than this truck has been and the main reason I bought a new truck was to avoid constant breakage. My truck was just at the dealer getting fixed TWO F**KING DAYS AGO.

These threads can give background for those that dont know what has been going on the past two months. I think the truck has been in there for 6 of the last 8 weeks at various times.

Dying 6.4 among other things - Powerstroke Nation
Still not fixed!! - Powerstroke Nation
This is just pitiful work - Powerstroke Nation
Coolant Leak?? From where? - Powerstroke Nation

So yeah two days ago I had the coolant leak from the front of the engine, take it in and they replace the seal on the upper radiator hose.

Now my truck is bone stock right now. So today I get home from work like I said. When I pull around to park I get out of the truck and here what sounds like a bucket of water being dumped on the driveway. I look under the truck and coolant is just dumping out from the passenger side of the engine. Not the same place as the last leak

On top of that my squeaking that has been driving me insane randomly came back today and is worse than before!

Now I cant see coolant leaking from the top of the engine but it has coated my frame and is everywhere. I undid the cap to my degas bottle and it was not even pressurized. Looks like the truck is going to the dealer on a tow truck tomorrow.

Im so fed up with this, Im ready to just dump the truck.

Pics:

This amount on the ground happened in a manner of seconds

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2010, 05:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

sorry to hear matt. maybe get it fixed and trade it on a 2011!
Old 07-28-2010, 05:33 PM

God it seems like that everyone should just stay away from all 08 6.4's. I mean I know there are some 09-10 6.4's out there that have problems but I don't see as many as I do the 08's. Sorry about your truck. If you get rid of it what are you going to get?
Old 07-28-2010, 05:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

How many times has the same thing been fixed in the past year? What does the Lemon Law state? three times in one year or something?

I would also call Ford customer care and express your frustrations with the truck and push for Ford to put a courtesy extended warranty on it. I know that a few have done it on here included yours truly.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:41 PM
a truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp_ratt View Post
sorry to hear matt. maybe get it fixed and trade it on a 2011!
Thanks, I would love to trade it in for a 2011 but with going back to school in a couple weeks there is no way I could afford the payments

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac97psd View Post
God it seems like that everyone should just stay away from all 08 6.4's. I mean I know there are some 09-10 6.4's out there that have problems but I don't see as many as I do the 08's. Sorry about your truck. If you get rid of it what are you going to get?
Yeah thats true. Honestly I wont get rid of it, I cant afford to. Its still not paid off and I cant get on another truck payment right now. If I for some reason did Id get a nice clean OBS. I can fix whatever breaks on those since Ive fixed just about everything on my 95 and they are just easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycleman View Post
How many times has the same thing been fixed in the past year? What does the Lemon Law state? three times in one year or something?

I would also call Ford customer care and express your frustrations with the truck and push for Ford to put a courtesy extended warranty on it. I know that a few have done it on here included yours truly.
The same thing hasnt been fixed. Its honestly been all different things. Before I bought it the EGR coolers and radiator have been replaced.

This year its had
Head gaskets
Both turbos replaced
FRP sensor and harness
Passenger glow plug harness
Passenger Fuel injector harness
Up pipes
Serpentine belt
Seal on upper radiator hose

Cab has been off twice.

Now who knows whats going to be fixed. Some of these fixes arent little ones either. Since I bought it in october its been at a dealer for a total of about 3 months. Which is completely ridiculous

Ford customer care will be getting a call tomorrow for sure
Old 07-28-2010, 05:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt P View Post
Ford customer care will be getting a call tomorrow for sure
1-800-392-3673 if you don't have that memorized by now.

Level 1 support may deny it off the bat(request to have Ford put a courtesy warranty on). If you get Level 1 to escalate it to Level 2, I would say that you are good to go. I hit so many different Level ones that they gave-up and escalated.

My main concerns were:
- Bringing in the truck every other week
- The stuff that is going out on the truck currently, I could never afford to fix and make payments to Ford at the same time.
- Have had other Ford diesel trucks and this one(we know its this year 08') has by far been the worse.
- Bought a NEW truck so I wouldn't have to deal with these headaches

Good luck and I would call back everyday till they give
Oh yeah, have your VIN number ready
Old 07-28-2010, 06:11 PM
a truck

Thanks for all the tips, I appreciate it. I will be calling tomorrow
Old 07-28-2010, 06:17 PM
Premium Member

Hope it works for you. Keep us informed...........
Old 07-28-2010, 06:20 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I bet you are at a loss for words right now. I would take the truck and run it through the side of the a ford dealer ( make sure it gets totaled ) collect insurance and buy another truck. Jk, hopefully you get it fixed by school man! good luck
Old 07-28-2010, 06:22 PM

bummer...hope you get is squared away
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.