Fuel temp high waring while towing - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 12:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel temp high waring while towing

I have an 08 F-350 DRW with Spartan 210 tow tune. While towing my 12000lb toy hauler the other weekend (first tow trip since installing the Spartan) the fuel rail temp alarm went off. I reset the alarm setpoint to get it to shut up but the temp stayed either just below or just above the recommended alarm most of the trip. Checked the little coolant tank in the fuel cooling system, level was fine, even added a little water to bring it up to the top of the sight glass (less than ounce).

Any insight on this and how to get this temp any lower???? Is this a common problem ????? Towing 12k with this truck shouldn't be over-tasking it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2010, 03:54 PM

Im guessing the small electric pump that pumps the coolant for the fuel cooler and the vgt cooler has gone bad or isnt getting power, its on the fan shroud on the left side on the bottom, kinda a pain to get to but thats where I would start. What was your temp, are you sure it was out of line and not just the dashdaq set to low of a temp.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:33 PM

Temp usually hung out in the low 150 range. Is that "out of line" ?????
Old 07-29-2010, 03:54 PM

Ya I would say that is hot, its been awhile since i looked at my fuel temp but I was thinking it was usually in the 110-115 range, I will look tomm if I can remember, fuel temp really shouldnt change if its loaded or not. I would say your coolant pump isnt working. You should be able to feel it running when you touch it. If you change it I have had a heck of a time getting the new one to prime, there is a certain procedure for priming it and it sucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.