Considering a 2008 6.4, good idea? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2010, 03:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Considering a 2008 6.4, good idea?

I currently have a 2004 F350 6.0 King Ranch and while I really like it and it hasn't given me any problems I have been looking around at some newer trucks. I found a 2008 F350 6.4 King Ranch with 41,000 miles for $38,900. Does that sound like a decent deal? What can I expect if I move from a 6.0 to a 6.4? I mess around on the 6.0 forum sometimes but I have only opened the 6.4 forum a hand full of times so I don't know much about them. Is the mileage better? Quieter? More power?

Thanks for the help guys, it is nice to have a place to come to get various opinions about something before making a decision. I love this site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2010, 04:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Im comparing my dads 06 250 with the 6.0 to my 08 250 with the 6.4. The power seems a little better in my truck especially when we are both pulling our travel trailers. Empty I cant really tell a difference. Fuel mileage is definately better with his 6.0. I am averaging only about 13.5 empty with my truck. The biggest thing I like about my truck is its QUIET. There is a huge difference inside and out of the cab when the truck is running. Some people like the clatter, i personally like power with out the clatter. So far my 08 has only had the radiator replaced under warranty, all else has been great. Dads 6.0 has had 2 injectors replaced and a bad egr. Egr stranded him on the side of the interstate while pulling the camper 150 miles from home. hope that helps
Old 07-25-2010, 04:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I would go with a 09-10. They seem to have less problems plus is the 08 you are looking at a king ranch or fully load cause there are some great deals out there for the 2010 models that are close to the price of the 08.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:59 PM

You can pick up a nicely equipped 2010 for a tad more then that price.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac97psd View Post
I would go with a 09-10. They seem to have less problems plus is the 08 you are looking at a king ranch or fully load cause there are some great deals out there for the 2010 models that are close to the price of the 08.
Quote:
Originally Posted by j21black View Post
You can pick up a nicely equipped 2010 for a tad more then that price.
Anyone know where I can find said deal? I live in Iowa but I would be willing to travel a long distance to get the best deal possible. I would love to stay in a King Ranch but would consider another trim package if I could get in a new truck for about the same money. I can't find any deals that good around where I live.

Thanks a lot!!!!
Old 07-25-2010, 05:14 PM

There's plenty of dealers looking to unload their remaining 09s and 10s, so just look on dealer websites near you.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Ditto on looking for a 10. Just got an insane deal on a brand new 2010. There are big rebates from Ford and depending on location they are really big rebates. 6-8k rebates and dealers are taking a bunch off after that. Look around online and call dealers and really play hardball with them.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I guess our dealers out here suck because I have looked around at all of them and can't find anything like you guys are describing. Where did you get you deal from Black Power Stroke? The largest dealer around my parts is Woodhouse in Omaha and they don't have many 2010's left (none that I am interested in).

Last edited by Kingoftheranch; 07-25-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingoftheranch View Post
I guess our dealers out here suck because I have looked around at all of them and can't find anything like you guys are describing. Where did you get you deal from Black Power Stroke? The largest dealer around my parts is Woodhouse in Omaha and they don't have many 2010's left (non that I am interested in).
I just checked and the rebate for your zip code is $8200 on super dutys. I got mine in southern IL but they don't have any F350s and I got the last 2010 F250 they had. I will look around and see if I can find you one. What are you looking for? F350 King Ranch? What all options?
Old 07-25-2010, 06:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Power Stroke View Post
I just checked and the rebate for your zip code is $8200 on super dutys. I got mine in southern IL but they don't have any F350s and I got the last 2010 F250 they had. I will look around and see if I can find you one. What are you looking for? F350 King Ranch? What all options?
I won't be too picky if it is a King Ranch...not a deal breaker but I would like to have Nav. I would look at a Lariat too if I could get an incredible deal on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.