Ok guys be gentle now !! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2010, 05:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ok guys be gentle now !!

I need a real honest advice from you guys out there.I currently own an 05 F250 6.0 with 68000 mi .also with Hypertech programer on it. The truck is great with no problems at all.
This will be my last truck cuz I'll be retiring in 6 years.
Here's my delima !! I like to get a newer Ford diesel ..but don't know anyone that have the 6.4 or the new 6.7 !!
They are giving great deals on the 6.4 now!( 0% interest for 60 mos. or $8000 cash) but the new 6.7 suppose to get a really good MPG,6 speed trans and tons of power.(with $500 cash back)
Which way would you go
Or should i keep the 6.0
HELP.....thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2010, 05:55 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You'll find guys on here are always more than willing to spend someone else's money on a new truck...

That being said, if theres nothing wrong with your 05, a penny saved is a penny earned. Treat it to something nice and drive the heck out of it.

However, if you really want a new truck, and money isn't really a problem, I'd probably go for the 6.7. I'd probably wait to see if Ford releases the one with the updated computer or whatever giving it more hp and tq as they are rumoring. This way you're also driving a brand new truck that will look new for the next 3 to 5 years. Buying a 6.4 will put you in the same spot you're in now in a few years...a nice newer truck with low mileage, but looking older than the newest trucks on the road.

Just my .02

Last edited by e99f2506sp; 07-24-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:02 PM
Warheads on Foreheads

^^^^ good advice.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I had a 04 F250 with 68000 miles, didn't have any engine problems with it, started having some minor issues, so I traded it in 3 months ago for a 2010 6.4 F250, I'm sorry I did, I should have spent the extra money and got a 2011 6.7. I love my truck, but the fuel mileage is terrible, I am not your typical diesel driver, I do alot of stop and go around town driving, but I was getting 14.2 average with my 04, now I am getting 11.4 with my new truck, I'm not very happy with that. I got a great price on my 2010, and when I bought my truck the 2011's were only out for a week and there was no incentives, the salesman was going to take $2000 off sticker, I couldn't justify paying $60,000 for a new truck, the one I wound up with cost me $42,000 I thought that was a much better deal, if I had to do it again, I would have opted for a less optioned 2011. Just my opinion.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:25 PM

I would look in to a 6.4, the price dif is crazy, Good luck keep us posted.................
Old 07-24-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtguyonli View Post
I had a 04 F250 with 68000 miles, didn't have any engine problems with it, started having some minor issues, so I traded it in 3 months ago for a 2010 6.4 F250, I'm sorry I did, I should have spent the extra money and got a 2011 6.7. I love my truck, but the fuel mileage is terrible, I am not your typical diesel driver, I do alot of stop and go around town driving, but I was getting 14.2 average with my 04, now I am getting 11.4 with my new truck, I'm not very happy with that. I got a great price on my 2010, and when I bought my truck the 2011's were only out for a week and there was no incentives, the salesman was going to take $2000 off sticker, I couldn't justify paying $60,000 for a new truck, the one I wound up with cost me $42,000 I thought that was a much better deal, if I had to do it again, I would have opted for a less optioned 2011. Just my opinion.
Are you serious?? 11.4 !!
Wow,I average 17-20 mpg on my 6.0 now with hypertech ! but I dont have stop and go traffic either.
Oh,also forgot to mention that i get a discount though my employer for any new vehicle from ford.It $500 below invoice.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tick ST View Post
I would look in to a 6.4, the price dif is crazy, Good luck keep us posted.................
According to ford , the prices are the same as the 2010...just the incentives.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:50 PM

Good Info thank you.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:56 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Not to steal the thread, but do you work for UPS? I'd like to get into either regional driving for them or even home delivery.

Just curious...your name had me wondering.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:02 PM

Buddy of mine is a 27 year vet of UPS, just now getting a long hall rote.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.