Extended Warranty - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Extended Warranty

My 08 has 34K miles and is about to loose its bumper to bumper warranty. Do you guys think the Premium Care is worth the extra money over the Extra Care? It appears that the Premium Care covers emissions equipment and the Extra Care does not. I've been looking at fordwarrantys.com.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I just put a 4yr 48,000 mile Premium Care on mine for $2,200 dollars. Warranties are expensive but it's nice to have piece of mind. If your truck is loaded there are alot of little things that can go wrong in 4 years. I just had them replace my blower motor under warranty I only had to pay $100 deductible. It's also a great selling feature if you decide to sell the truck in a couple of year. When I was looking for a truck it had to have an extended warranty or be under 60,000 miles so I could put a 4 year extended warranty on it.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Turd View Post
I just put a 4yr 48,000 mile Premium Care on mine for $2,200 dollars. Warranties are expensive but it's nice to have piece of mind. If your truck is loaded there are alot of little things that can go wrong in 4 years. I just had them replace my blower motor under warranty I only had to pay $100 deductible. It's also a great selling feature if you decide to sell the truck in a couple of year. When I was looking for a truck it had to have an extended warranty or be under 60,000 miles so I could put a 4 year extended warranty on it.
Thanks Turd, yours must be 4wd becasue my 4 year warranty extension on my DRW 2wd, which will allow 100K miles, is right around $1,000.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to Dim Sum
I bought the extracare for my truck. The emissions stuff is warrantied through I think 80k anyway through federal mandate, although I'm not sure if the EGR equipment is covered under the 100k powertrain warranty.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:25 PM

I would look at ext/warranties if you plan on keeping your truck....I purchased the 100K bumper/bumper and also the 7 year 200k miles, 21 majoor engine componets...I have 118k miles on my truck...purchased the truck 07/07/07. I have already recouped all the monies ...I spent on warranties. Just used the 200k warranty last week...HPF pump replaced...0 dollars out of my pocket...
Old 07-21-2010, 04:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by isellpower View Post
Thanks Turd, yours must be 4wd becasue my 4 year warranty extension on my DRW 2wd, which will allow 100K miles, is right around $1,000.
Yeah mine is a 4WD and my 36,000 mile warranty was already expired. I had to pay more for the Premium Care since my factory warranty expired. I had 55,000 miles on mine when I added it.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to skipnay
Don't remember what I paid but I have 10 years or 100,000 miles on most everything on my extended warranty. Like the engine, tranny, and stuff is like $100 deductible and everything else is $50
Old 07-22-2010, 06:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Turd View Post
Yeah mine is a 4WD and my 36,000 mile warranty was already expired. I had to pay more for the Premium Care since my factory warranty expired. I had 55,000 miles on mine when I added it.
I forgot to ask that also. I'm getting close to my 36 and I figured it was a lot more to cover once past the factory bumper to bumper.

Thanks for all of the replies fellas, helped a lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.