Factory GPS Installation - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-18-2010, 10:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 141
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Factory GPS Installation

I am about to install my new Factroy Ford GPS. Before I break all of the plastic, does anyone know how the "Mahogany" face plate comes off? It needs to be removed to remove the old radio, and most new Ford's have the face plates just snap off. Before I start to put pressure on mine, does anyone know if there are screws or other things that I need to be aware of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 07-18-2010, 12:46 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Anniston, AL
Posts: 73
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yes there are screws behind the plastic sync panel and power outlet panel. The panels have little areas where a flathead screwdriver will fit in and they can just be popped off. Once the screws are out you can just carefully work your hands along the wood panel and pop it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 07-18-2010, 12:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 141
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks, I got it and it was pretty easy. Good on Ford for finally providing enough wire to the connectors, that you can move the panel far enough to reach behind there. Thanks for your help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 07-18-2010, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator


 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,977
Thanks: 11
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordcrazy View Post
I am about to install my new Factroy Ford GPS. Before I break all of the plastic, does anyone know how the "Mahogany" face plate comes off? It needs to be removed to remove the old radio, and most new Ford's have the face plates just snap off. Before I start to put pressure on mine, does anyone know if there are screws or other things that I need to be aware of?
Mind if I ask where you picked up your navigation system and how much it cost you. I am looking for and it would a lot cheaper than a new truck. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 07-18-2010, 05:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 141
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFD132 View Post
Mind if I ask where you picked up your navigation system and how much it cost you. I am looking for and it would a lot cheaper than a new truck. Thanks
Not at all, I bought a used unit on Ebay for 275. It came out of an 06 Lincoln Zephyr, and there is a guy who will reprogram any Ford unit to fit another Ford vehicle. He charges about 85 plus shipping. If you like, PM me and I will give you his number. It is a super easy install and there is no special wiring needed to make it work. When he is done, all steering wheel controls work, as they should, as well as "Input' jack for Ipods etc. All toll, I have about 350 into mine and you can't tell that the vehicle did not come with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 07-19-2010, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator


 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,977
Thanks: 11
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordcrazy View Post
Not at all, I bought a used unit on Ebay for 275. It came out of an 06 Lincoln Zephyr, and there is a guy who will reprogram any Ford unit to fit another Ford vehicle. He charges about 85 plus shipping. If you like, PM me and I will give you his number. It is a super easy install and there is no special wiring needed to make it work. When he is done, all steering wheel controls work, as they should, as well as "Input' jack for Ipods etc. All toll, I have about 350 into mine and you can't tell that the vehicle did not come with it.
Thanks for the info......as soon as I find one I will get with you and that guys name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors