Test drove a 6.7L yesterday - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 11:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Test drove a 6.7L yesterday

My wife was looking at getting a new mustang GT the 5.0L and I was bored while she was looking at all she wanted so I ask the guy if I could test drive a '11 super duty. So I drive a truck very similar to mine except it had all the bells and whistles and I was more impressive with all the upgrades it had then I did with the power increase. I remember when mine was stock and at least to me it felt the same. I'm sure it's a little quickier but nothing to noticable. And also in my truck which is in my sig I feel like I have alot more room in my truck especially head room. Anyone else agree with that? But overall it was a very nice truck and next time I have to get all the bells and whistles. I espeacially love the AC seats. Good I wish my truck had those. Plus I don't know everyone else but I love the sound of a diesel engine and honestly I think my 6.4 is too quiet so I didn't like the sound of the '11.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2010, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
I noticed a little less headroom in my 2010, but it isn't too bad.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:13 PM

I'm saying I have alot more head room in my 2010 then I did in the '11. And I need that. I'm 6'4.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:15 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to no-tel-in
haha, yeah, A/C seats are the shizz, my moms expy has them!
Old 07-17-2010, 02:36 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac97psd View Post
My wife was looking at getting a new mustang GT the 5.0L and I was bored while she was looking at all she wanted so I ask the guy if I could test drive a '11 super duty. So I drive a truck very similar to mine except it had all the bells and whistles and I was more impressive with all the upgrades it had then I did with the power increase. I remember when mine was stock and at least to me it felt the same. I'm sure it's a little quickier but nothing to noticable. And also in my truck which is in my sig I feel like I have alot more room in my truck especially head room. Anyone else agree with that? But overall it was a very nice truck and next time I have to get all the bells and whistles. I espeacially love the AC seats. Good I wish my truck had those. Plus I don't know everyone else but I love the sound of a diesel engine and honestly I think my 6.4 is too quiet so I didn't like the sound of the '11.
love the sound of a turbo D. . wish i had the AC seats, when i heard about these I socked my grandma in the face, coolest thing EVER!!
Old 07-17-2010, 07:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I test drove one and didn't notice any difference in head room. I did notice a big difference in low end power. The '11 has a lot more. I got in my truck right after and could tell a huge difference. I figure a tuner takes care of that problem. I will spend the money on a new tuner before I spend the money on a new truck. Inside and out I like my truck just as much as a new one. Plus you cannot get King Ranch in blue any more.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:49 PM
Warheads on Foreheads

I'm not a fan of the exterior at all on the new trucks. I hate the side vents, headlight and grill. I might have to test drive one too, to feel the diff from a 6.4.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:13 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
they are growing on me but like the 08-10 much better.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:35 AM

Agree. I have an 08 F350 CC 4x4 short. had oil changed and my son and I test drove F250 KR 2011. mistake,... However, I agree, exterior is a mix between 150/250. I like body of 08-10 better as its super duty looking. what I liked was the cooled seats and rear air for my kids who are always in the backset. So, i started thinking what the heck the uplifter switches are for... I think I have found a place near by that we are designing some air ducts to run from the front into console and add 2 air vents to rear of console and include a squirrel fan on the switch so they can have rear air. For about $1500 I can get new leather seats, (softer leather than my Lariat) that are perfed and air in them setup on another uplifter switch. I'll let you know how it goes as I am headed down this path, just have to be careful not to remove much air from front vents. The other side of me might trade into a 2010 with 3:55 gears vs my 3:73's then make the mods to the new truck. I'll keep you posted.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Powerstrokin' For Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdutydixie View Post
I'm not a fan of the exterior at all on the new trucks. I hate the side vents, headlight and grill. I might have to test drive one too, to feel the diff from a 6.4.
I completely agree bud. The only think I liked on the new truck is the A/C seats and thats it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.