Priced too high? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 08:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Priced too high?

I'm looking at an '08 F-350, 88K miles, loaded w/ navigation screen, comes with a tuner, the dealer won't budge below $31,700. What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2010, 08:23 AM

i picked up my 08 KR with 90K miles for $31000
not bad/not good
Old 07-10-2010, 08:24 AM
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG

what configuration is it? crew cab, ext cab 4x4?? If its a crew 4x4 then thats probably not too bad. I looked at an 06 a month ago that had 57k on it and it was a loaded crew fx4 for $28,900. I would be careful though about buying one with a tuner on it if there aren't any more mods to it.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:28 AM
IBEW Journeyman Lineman

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm not really up on what 6.4s are worth but I'd say do some research through Kelly Blue Book or any other sources and run its options and miles to see what they say its worth. Then decide what that truck is really worth to you. I wouldn't give them a penny over blue book since you have to know they MAYBE payed what the trade in value is on it. There are tons of 6.4s on the market just maybe not in your immediate area.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It's a crew cab, 4X4, looks to be very clean. Also, I think the dealer is adding SCT tuners on the few '08s they have. Here is the link to the truck:

2008 Ford F-350 4 Door Crew Cab Long Bed Truck - Used Vehicle Details at Todd Hunzeker Ford Mercury, Inc. - Your Soda Springs, Idaho Ford Mercury dealer
Old 07-10-2010, 08:37 AM
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG

The dealer is adding tuners? I don't see how they could do that and still sell them with a warranty, when current owners do that and bring it in for work and they void the warranties. The SCT is a good setup for the 6.4 but i would really have to question if the dealer is putting them on.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I agree with your logic completely, just saying they had three '08s with SCT tuners, propably came with the truck when traded in. It's a small town dealership, so who knows really. But back to my original question, if no problems with the truck, is it priced right? ALso, the dealership will still honor the factory warranty (even with the tuner, go figure). Thanks guys.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcm4255 View Post
It's a crew cab, 4X4, looks to be very clean. Also, I think the dealer is adding SCT tuners on the few '08s they have. Here is the link to the truck:

2008 Ford F-350 4 Door Crew Cab Long Bed Truck - Used Vehicle Details at Todd Hunzeker Ford Mercury, Inc. - Your Soda Springs, Idaho Ford Mercury dealer
Not trying to be a smart *** here but the link says
Quote:
Current Price: $30,776
Seems a tad bit high to me... Maybe rather then dropping the price you can have them through in stuff like oil changes (if you have them do that work anyway) or some parts money stuff like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.