Should I buy A 6.4??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 09:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs down Should I buy A 6.4???

I Just got side swiped in my 05 duramax and now i am truck shopping again. I have a buddy who has a 2008 6.4 F350 lariat 4x4 with 78000mi It has Navigation leather sunroof 18 inch rims with 35 inch toyos mts and a spartan chip with dual exhaust and dpf delete. It has never had any problems and he is anal about matinance. He offered it to me for what the dealer was going to give him for trade which is 25000 which seems like a good deal but I was reading all the problems people have been haveing and am getting cold feet. So I figured I would ask your guys advice. Is it worth buying?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'd jump on that deal maybe a little bit less but it is loaded, the spartan is one of the better tuners for the 6.4, trust me if you stay 250 tune or lower you dont need to start investing in the trans, youll like the 6.4 alot exp the lariat
Old 07-08-2010, 12:02 AM

my die hard Chevy (duramax) buddy told me today that if he was able to sleep at night he would get a 6.4 . . I have one and they really are amazing engines. for half the price you can beef it up and get twice as much as the other diesels. and in the end you can run a 250hp programer responsibly and not destroy the thing. the way the twin turbo complements each other makes the 6.4 work hard and efficient. the only bad thing so far is making sure you get that DPf delete.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:04 AM

btw, i bought my 08 SB KR for more than that with more miles without the extras, i had to do all that stuff, and if he is running a spartan, he loves it! and so will you!

GET IT!!!!!!!!! LOL
Old 07-08-2010, 02:03 AM
shhhhh, can you hear it?

have to remember people dont post stuff about how awesome their trucks are on a forum 90% of the time.they come here to get help with problems they have.go to a duramax or cummings forum and youll read about problems with any other engine thatll make you think twice about buying it.in the end its your decision.i love my truck.and just as proof think about this,what truck do most companies with fleets of trucks,not just one or two but in excess of five diesels, who do they buy.in my experience its always fords.to me that speaks volumes about ford and the reliability.again i love my truck and i wouldnt buy anything else.the 6.4 had a few issues that were addressed when it was brand new.but what new engine wouldnt.i say go for it.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pwrstrokr6.4 View Post
cummings
Cummins...

I Just to add a little. My buddy has a cummins, and while the engine is great, the truck sucks. The truck will fall apart around the engine.

I went from a 6.0 powerstroke to a 6.4. Night and day difference. I love my truck. Its comfortable, and looks good.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:36 AM

Short answer is yes, I love my 6.4 and I'm sure you will as well. A buddy with a 06 2500 has been using my SRW F350 for a couple of weeks to haul his race trailer and he loves it. All the sterotypes he heard about Powerstrokes have been disproved by my truck in his mind.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:56 AM

I just bought an 08 F350 KR about 6 weeks ago and love it. It is very smooth and quiet and the styling is awesome! The 6.4 seems to be a great engine, few problems for the number on the road. My only gripe is the fuel mileage, but that can be fixed.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I am Very happy with mine and i have The spartan tuner as well. GO FOR IT!
Old 07-08-2010, 03:43 PM

Quick Answer - Yes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.