Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Oil on top of turbos?

947 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  greasltn 
#1 ·
Auto part Vehicle Engine Pipe Car

Auto part Engine Vehicle Pipe Car

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this? Truck is running great just wanna make sure this isn't a big deal before I install my new downpipe and exhaust this weekend.

See less See more
#4 ·
the first time i noticed it was right after an oil change but i don't remember it being that much. just got done cleaning most of it off and i kind of looks like it is coming from the small bolts on top the one on the drivers side had stuff running down the back side as well.

#6 ·
I checked the bolts and they weren't very tight so I went ahead and tightened them a little. I'm assuming that since no one's told me to go to the dealer or to a mechanic that it's probably nothing serious????

#7 ·
If you clean the oil off and it comes back, the only thing I can think of would be cracked turbo housings and bad bearing seals in the turbos. I also think if this were the case, you would notice a running issue. So long story short, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.