Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Is 2010 "Better" Truck Than 2008?

9K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Strokin6Liters 
#1 ·
A friend of mine is trying to decide between buying a used 2008 F250 that has had all the necessary recall stuff done (ran a oasis report) or a new 2010 F250. Is there really any difference between them?

#2 ·
Wouldn't mind knowing the answer either. Here's a free bump for you :bump:

#4 ·
Maybe a few of the early 08 bugs worked out.

Of course, there is nothing like having a vehicle with no previous owner miles.....there is something about that very first oil change that makes her yours.

#8 ·
I have a 2010 and it's a 5-speed, the 2011's have the 6-speed

And tjbrowder, I couldn't agree more, thats why I bought a new truck this time. This truck is 100% mine from day one, and its a feeling one might find hard to put into words. Nothing like knowing shes yours and only yours.
AGREED!! Nothing better then a new truck:woot:

#5 ·
Biggest difference between the 09-10 compared to the 08 is that they added the SYNC systems for the interior and cargo management system to the bed. Otherwise they are virtually the same trucks. All the recall or TSB stuff they came across in the 08's have been added to the 09-10 series trucks.

They may have also gone to the 6spd on the 10's but I'm not positive on that one.

#11 ·
#6 ·
I have a 2010 and it's a 5-speed, the 2011's have the 6-speed

And tjbrowder, I couldn't agree more, thats why I bought a new truck this time. This truck is 100% mine from day one, and its a feeling one might find hard to put into words. Nothing like knowing shes yours and only yours.

#12 ·
im pretty sure we all came to the conclusion ford cheaped out on painting alot of the suspension parts ont the 2010 truck..

#16 ·
You can definitely get a 2010 with a handshaker. I'm hopefully sealing the deal on one this week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.