Still not fixed!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 04:29 PM
a truck

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry Still not fixed!!

Sorry for my rant but here it goes.

As some know ever since I got my truck back from the dealer after having the head gaskets done it has made an obnoxious squeaking, normally over more than half throttle or in overdrive.

Later on it started throwing a P2289 code and it got worse and worse to the point that it had no power, wouldnt make over 20psi of boost and would idle so low the truck would die sometimes.

So I took it to the dealer two weeks ago and picked it up today. They fixed all the issues with it running like crap

They replaced the
Fuel rail pressure sensor
Harness for the fuel rail pressure sensor
Glow plug harness for the passenger side
Fuel injector harness for the passenger side
Oil and filter

They had a couple problems, found all these other parts needing to be replaced when they found that the FRP sensor was bad. The first glow plug harness they put in was defective so they had to get another then ford screwed up and sent a fuel injector harness so that was a pain.

But this is whats really pissing me off, the squeaking. They told me it was the serpentine belt. Now I had it at the tech at the dealer 4 hours away from me by where I bought the truck to try and figure out the squeak, they knew it wasnt a boost leak and never said anything about the serpentine belt but wanted to dig deeper and have the truck for two weeks, well I couldnt afford to be without a truck that long at that time.

So I really didnt think it was the serpentine belt, they said it would be 300 bucks to do the belt. I went over and talked to the service manager I know pretty well about it for about a half hour. I gave in and said to fix it cuase he said if it didnt he would work with me on the price.

So he calls and says they got the belt in and it fixed the squeaking. Ok great, no more headache.

So after they get the new glow plug harness in today they say to come pick it up, I pay and drive off.

NOT 1 MILE DOWN THE ROAD WHAT DO I HEAR? The dam squeaking, at first its not too loud then it shifts into overdrive and starts squeaking non stop. How the hell do you not hear that on a road test?

Oh probably becuase when I got in the truck the AC was blasting and my satellite radio was on (I had shut it off before dropping the truck off and it was on the jazz channel which is my music of choice)

Was he even listening for the squeaking?

I mean Im really glad the rest got fixed, truck runs waaay better but Im so dam sick of listening to that squeaking for the last 4 months and I threw money down the drain.

So now its back to the dealer in the morning to have a talk and get him to ride in the truck so I can show him the real squeak. Im so sick of having trucks that always have issues

Ok rant over, sorry for the essay, just tired of the problems is all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2010, 04:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Might be a crack in one of the up pipes. one of my trucks makes a squeak when the trans shifts, and sometimes sequels under boost. it has a crack in the expansion joint in the EGR feed from the up pipe. just a thought I am not exactly sure how your squeak sounds.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:02 PM

i get a tea kettle sound from mine at high boost sometimes
Old 06-23-2010, 05:17 PM
a truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by O2ShootTheJ View Post
i get a tea kettle sound from mine at high boost sometimes
Mine isnt only at high boost, the truck is bone stock right now too. Its not really a tea kettle sound. More of a squeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by First_Ford View Post
Might be a crack in one of the up pipes. one of my trucks makes a squeak when the trans shifts, and sometimes sequels under boost. it has a crack in the expansion joint in the EGR feed from the up pipe. just a thought I am not exactly sure how your squeak sounds.
Yeah I was thinking possibly a crack in one of the up pipes as well. Its a squealing sound
Old 06-23-2010, 05:18 PM

that sucks Matt :-(
Old 06-23-2010, 08:25 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
Can't blame you for ranting man...you definitely could justify bein frustrated! Hope they get this belt fixed so you can get that rig runnin QUIETLY again.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:34 PM
a truck

Yeah honestly my feeling is they fixed my one issue and half assed the fixing on the squeaking. This isnt the first problem Ive found with their work there. Just pisses me off to have someone not do the best job they can on your vehicle
Old 06-24-2010, 05:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Matt,

That really is frustrating!! Being a factory rep, I get asked to test ride customers motorcycles all the time and it really burns me when the dealer says they can't hear, feel, experience the issue. Then I jump on and not even a mile down the road there is the concern the customer asked the dealer to address.

If you don't mind, where are you taking it that is 4 hours away from Lake Forest?? I am in Huntley and I take my 6.4 to Bull Valley in Woodstock. They are really good to work with.

I was taking my cars to Tom Peck, but after they stole $1,000 worth of electrical equipment from my center console after doing an oil change I started looking elsewhere.

Hopefully the dealer you are working with will address your concern correctly.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:26 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt P View Post
Yeah honestly my feeling is they fixed my one issue and half assed the fixing on the squeaking. This isnt the first problem Ive found with their work there. Just pisses me off to have someone not do the best job they can on your vehicle
Yeah....but I bet they wouldn't like it too much if you half *** paid them...
Old 06-24-2010, 08:08 AM

Wow Matt, that sucks. A lot depends on finding a dealer that is good on these 6.4's. Most dealers are getting experienced quickly with these trucks but some are lots better than others. I would only trust mine to one that I've found. Only the best ones can go to battle with the 6.4 when she is tossing codes and making strange noises.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.