Hello Strokers - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2010, 09:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hello Strokers

Hello. my name is john I bought my first diesel today have wanted one since I was 16 I turn 22 in 8 days I bought a 2008 f-250 crew cab fx4 with 70500 miles i paid 26783 for it from what I can tell I made a decent deal, was wondering what you guys think, and I was wondering what kind of mileage you normally get running unloaded and what tuners are best for fuel mileage.... thank you and I'm glad I joined your forum,...... John.........PS.... any tips or pointers you think you can give me on servicing truck and such please feel free to leave them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2010, 09:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Welcome and congrats on the new truck. And to answer all of your question use the search button.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
First off welcome to the Org.... as far as your question goes there are only a few good options...

AFE or S&B intake
DPF delete/cat delete
as far as the tuner your options are SCT, H&S and spartan...

if you have any other questions or need some prices let me know

-Raul
Old 06-18-2010, 07:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thanks guys, i think im going to love my truck, and this website thanks for the quick responses and im looking forward to meeting more people, does tuners void warranty? even if you are tuning your truck down?
Old 06-18-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithinweiser View Post
thanks guys, i think im going to love my truck, and this website thanks for the quick responses and im looking forward to meeting more people, does tuners void warranty? even if you are tuning your truck down?
Yes they do.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

okay thank you, is 26783 a fair price for my 08?? im just curious the truck is in excellent condition only thing that showed up on the oasis was a reprogram of some sort i cant even remember.... id like some feedback if you think it was fair
Old 06-18-2010, 08:33 PM

Welcome to the org!

26783 is a decent price for the mileage. Make sure you check the radiator for leaks, as its a known issue. Typically the leak will occur on the drivers side and you can see it dripping on to the frame. If it is leaking make the dealer do something about it since you just got it. Sometimes it can be a pain to get it fixed under warranty. The TSB number for the fix is 9-23-01. More info on that here tsb 09-23-01 radiator leaks - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

As far as servicing the truck, make sure you know when the last oil change / fuel filter change was. Oil and oil filters can be found cheap at walmart. Fuel filters can be found cheap here Ford 6.4 Liter Turbo Diesel Truck Filters . Order the updated FD-4617 part number. Stick with motorcraft or racor filters as they are the best. Invest in a 36mm socket to remove the filter housing caps. Its the same size socket for fuel and oil filters.

Tuners will void the warranty. But company's like spartan allow you to save your stock file to a SD card, to upload it if you ever have to return it back to stock and remove the tuner for warranty work.

I am getting 17mpg unloaded driving mostly highway. All highway driving and i can get 19 per tank with regens. This is after the newest PCM flash 9-19-10. More info on that here. Dealer fixing a few things under warranty

Hope this helps you John.

P.S. post some pics of your new ride!
Old 06-19-2010, 11:51 AM
Warheads on Foreheads

welcome to the Org and congrats!!
Old 06-20-2010, 08:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Will surely add some pictures soon, thanks for all the help i dont see any leak as of yet but will keep an eye on it they said oil and fuel filters were changed when truck was traded, as i am a certified diesel technician( On large equipment), i will do all work myself unless something major, but so far i love my truck i towed my boat to the lake yesterday, dont even fill it back there it is so much better than the ol' f-150, i loved the triton 5.4 but it dont have anythin on the powerstroke, but once again thanks for all the help.!!!!!! love the site.... thanks john
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.