Initiate DPF burn off - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2010, 08:39 AM
Diesel Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to CanuckF350
Initiate DPF burn off

Hey guys! I have looked on here but have not seemed to find what I am going to ask. Is there some way of fooling the stock ECM to do a DPF burn off. My last "Cleaning Exhaust Filter" took forever it seemed. So I am currently interested in a way to initiate burn off. I know I should just delete the POS but that is not possible at this time. Any ideas would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2010, 09:44 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to pistolpete837
If I am reading you post correctly, you are looking for away to make the truck go into regen now? Hammer down, the harder you drive the more soot will be produced and it will go into regen.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

you could take the pressure sensor off the dpf and make it go into regen.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:49 PM
Warheads on Foreheads

I have no idea and not sure if it's possible under normal conditions.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:26 PM
Diesel Addict

Update! I crawled under the truck unplugged the pressure sensor like greasltn suggested and with in 20 ft of leaving the driveway it went into regen. Side note if anyone else is going to do this make for damn sure you have a way to monitor your EGT's. At slow speed(25mph) without hardly any boost the temps were hitting 1200 almost instantly. Put the foot into it a little more and the temps come down with the turbo spooling. Just have to wait for it all to cool down now to plug it back in.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I always wished Ford had thought ahead and put a "manual regen" button or switch in. It seems like it always wants to start a regen when swinging into the driveway instead of the last 30 minutes on the highway...

After seeing greasltn's post above, it got me thinking that maybe tapping into one leg of the pressure sensor's wiring, a momentary pushbutton could be installed in series with it to fool the ECM into initiating regen. Don't know if it would have to be normally open, and a closure to start regen, or vice versa. A simple button/switch installed in the cab with two wires running down toward the sensor would be the extent of supplies needed.

This sounds like a good saturday project, but not really sure about tapping into my $45,000 truck's wiring like that just to manually initiate regen, but it should work!
Old 06-18-2010, 07:10 AM
Diesel Addict

t613, I was sitting here watching it rain thinking the exact thing you were. Instead of splicing into the harness though I wonder if a real short extension with Male to female ends and the splice could be made cheaply? The problem would be the ends. Might have to take another look under the truck and figure out a way to do this. Just like you mine goes into regen at the most inopportune times. Worst time was driving for 6 hours pulling down my street 50yards away from the house and BAM!!! The message from hell pops up. Anyways! Rainy weekend project I think. Cheers guys! Play safe.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:05 PM

Manual regen would be awesome. Some of our newer dump trucks at work with DPF's have a manual regen switch. I guess they cant really afford to go into regen and lose power with 50,000lbs of asphalt onboard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.