new to diesel - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2010, 11:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
new to diesel

hello all

lost my 02 150 5.4l 4x4 ccsb to a tree, after some time going back and forth with insurance it was totaled. have my eye on a used 08 250 6.4l 4x4 ccsb lariat, 34k miles, job 1 07/07 as a replacement.

just looking for some input about the sale, upkeep, reliability, etc.

have yet to get a chance to go in and see it...assuming nothing has been repaired already, i understand that the 08s radiator may have a problem...anything else visual i can check out or look out for? ive seen some threads about the intercooler and fuel pump having problems, not sure how to check that at the dealership. any of this stuff still covered under warranty?

they want $36k, still deciding on what to offer, thoughts? i'll be paying cash, trucks been on the lot for 3 months, thinking 27k. may get laughed at but im definetly offering under 30 to start

upkeep seems 5k oil (self), 10k fuel filter (self), 30k trans (shop)
what about the day to day stuff? what needs to be done every time you drive? let idle before moving and shutdown? check for water in fuel?

any input is appreciated

thanks

Last edited by shaamus; 06-14-2010 at 12:20 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2010, 04:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Welcome to the org! as far as maintance, you pretty much nailed it on the head. Idling... your not supposed to idle these motors for that long. I ended up putting a high idle mod on mine just in case I run in to the store quick in the winter/ summer time. Only bad thing about the 6.4 is gonna be your fuel economy, its not very good on these trucks. But theirs mods you can do to get better milage.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:17 AM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
to the ORG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.