Will i void the warrenty if i remove DPF - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Will i void the warrenty if i remove DPF

So after reading this last month issuse on DieselMag i think it was, they said that if u straight pipe the 6.4 and get the turner to turn off regen mode you can gain 200hp and 4 miles per gallon. Is that true,, and if i remove the DPF will it void warrenty??? how would i remove it with out the Dealer knowing? And last is it a easy thing to do "i.e" can i do myself or do i need a pro to do it. Thank guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2010, 10:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yes you void the warranty. If you have to ask, don't do it yourself.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

There is a strong possibilty that the warranty could be voided, but you need to be wise enought to increase your chances of not voiding it. Feel out your service department. If they are hesitant to fix things that should be fixed right now under warranty, you might need to find a new dealer for service. If they fix everything and seem to treat you fair, great! Maybe you've got a cool dealer who doesn't care, but the only way to be absolutely sure about that is to ask the service manager if he will void your warranty. Be careful with that though, especially if you live in the BFE with only one Ford dealer in a 70 mile radius. Either way, be prepared to go back to stock prior to going in for anything on service. The Spartan tuner advertises that they are the only undetectable tuner on the market when returned to stock. I personally can not speak to the truth of this or not. From the sounds of it, it is worth the risk.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to A8050266 Send a message via MSN to A8050266 Send a message via Yahoo to A8050266
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewF250 View Post
So after reading this last month issuse on DieselMag i think it was, they said that if u straight pipe the 6.4 and get the turner to turn off regen mode you can gain 200hp and 4 miles per gallon. Is that true,, and if i remove the DPF will it void warrenty??? how would i remove it with out the Dealer knowing? And last is it a easy thing to do "i.e" can i do myself or do i need a pro to do it. Thank guys
This all depends on your skill level and if you have the few tools needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iqoair View Post
Yes you void the warranty. If you have to ask, don't do it yourself.
You will only void the warranty if the Ford dealer catches you as for the "ASKING" part Most of the time this is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolf View Post
There is a strong possibilty that the warranty could be voided, but you need to be wise enought to increase your chances of not voiding it. Feel out your service department. If they are hesitant to fix things that should be fixed right now under warranty, you might need to find a new dealer for service. If they fix everything and seem to treat you fair, great! Maybe you've got a cool dealer who doesn't care, but the only way to be absolutely sure about that is to ask the service manager if he will void your warranty. Be careful with that though, especially if you live in the BFE with only one Ford dealer in a 70 mile radius. Either way, be prepared to go back to stock prior to going in for anything on service. The Spartan tuner advertises that they are the only undetectable tuner on the market when returned to stock. I personally can not speak to the truth of this or not. From the sounds of it, it is worth the risk.
well put Woolf
Old 06-13-2010, 09:40 AM

Exactly as others stated, be wise and cautious about it and chances are you won't have any issues. Most dealers aren't out to get you, unless perhaps you're being a jackass. I personally plan on getting the Spartan tuner soon knowing the risks. If something were to happen where I have to tow it in, I'll revert to stock, even if I have to tow it to my house first.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:09 AM

My dpf/cat sits (in two pieces, taped and sealed) in the toolbox of my truck along with all of the necessary tools to put it back on. I drive in too many remote places to spend $1500 to have my truck towed to my house if something were to happen.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:54 PM

I'm not going to say whether you should mess with the truck or not. That's your choice.

Here's what happened to me. My truck is 100% Stock and will remain that way.

I took my truck in to have the idler puller replaced under a TSB. A tech carried a laptop to it, plugged it in and a minute later he nodded to the shop manager. The shop manager then shook my hand and said it'll be covered under warranty. I asked what just happened because I didn't know about tuning. He told me that Ford conducted a surprise inspection and found two 6.4l's in for repair. The Ford rep voided the warranties on the spot because they found the presence of tuners. I asked about plugging in a monitor like the Edge Insight and he said he wouldn't plug anything into the 6.4l's. Just my two cents.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:04 PM

Recalls will be done regardless of warranty if they are emissions or safety related, which most are anyways. If you really need your warranty, then wait till it is up or go by another truck that already gets better mileage. Otherwise, ram the guts out of that dpf and cat unless you have emissions testing. Then you should purchase a delete pipe.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Your warranty has the potential of being voided, it all depends on the dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.