Saying Hello - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 11:33 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Saying Hello

Just took delivery Friday night. It's got a whole 387 miles on it now. Picked it up with 24 miles on the odo.

My first ford truck.

Had a 95' GT 5.0 Mustang for a while in 99'. Bought an 05 Mustang when they first came out. Bought the second one the local dealership sold. Only kept it 6 months had too many problems.

Dad bought a 93 F250 and only kept it for 6 months back in 93. We drove a loaner car longer than we drove the truck. Yeah a loaner car not a loaner truck.

So I have been skeptical.

Lurked around the board and read a lot of posts and overall I think with the 2010 should be a good truck.

I sure do like it. But who doesn't like a new ride! My first Diesel.

Waiting on one of the tires to get replaced. Tire has heat rings in it. Drove it home Friday Night and TP light was on. Took it upto Discount Tire and they told me it needed to be replaced.

I have owned Dodges ever since the 05 mustang. 2 trucks, 2 durangos, and a charger. Traded off an 08 Hemi QC 1500 that had custom ram air, magnaflow exhaust, (4) hifnocs 12's, hifonics zues speakers in doors, rockford fosgate t500.1 and hifonics hfi55.4 plus a phoenix gold pld-1, indash dvd with bluetooth, and phoenix gold 15 farad capacitor. I pulled the system out and my security too.

Having my alarm guy research the install of my Excalibur Al-1810-edp 2 way with remote start into the truck. If you guys can point me into the right direction on some diagrams or helpful info that would be cool. Dodge provides all the wiring diagrams for their trucks free on their website don't know about Ford.

Looking to get into hot shots and didn't want a Fiat Truck. Plus the Dodge 6.7 is still having issues with the emissions. Not really a Chevy/Gm person either.

Ford got my vote too since they didn't need bailout money. Local dealership busted balls to get me into this truck. Payment is only $100 more than the Dodge 1/2ton Hemi and only put $800 down. Trucks are similarly equipped so I am more than happy!

Wife drives 09 M35.

I've owned 27 forms of tranportation since I started driving with a hardship when I was 15 summer of 96'. I'm 29 now.
Attached Thumbnails
Saying Hello-img_6153.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats on the truck and Welcome to the .ORG!!

Might as well jump in here with PSD modiholics - There's always room for more!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:23 PM

Appreciate it. There will be little done to this truck. It's gonna be my work horse. We are sourcing a 36-40' gooseneck with a 14-15k gvwr which we will be hauling.

Only thing I want to do to it is get the alarm in as it has built in turbo timer feature plus it'll let me know if someone is jacking with it. Our neighborhoood has some punk *** kids with the desire to die if this truck gets egged or I catch them egging. We are already walking the neighborhood around midnight carryin rifle and or shotgun just waiting to find some punkass kid with an egg.

Never owned a diesel so are there any recommended additives? Once we hit the road hauling we may put as much as 10k miles a month on the truck. Truck will need lots of maintenance and will be going through a lot of fuel. I already know to get fuel from reputable places. Don't need fuel system issues. Father in law and I are going to tag team and make sure the trailer stays full and running m-f.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:16 PM

Nice deal... i wish i had a job that i could put 10k a month of driving. i love driving my truck
Old 06-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

congrats on the truck
Old 06-10-2010, 03:33 PM
My 6OH Hates Me

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
congrats on the rig, and welcome to the org
Old 06-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Warheads on Foreheads

welcome and congrats bud!!!
Old 06-10-2010, 05:11 PM

I appreciate the welcome. I love this color. This is the 4th ride with this kinda color but Ford's version is so rich. My Hemi was same color and as my father in law put it "I always like your dodge but with it sitting next to your new ford well it looks like a turd". I had my dodge here for 3 days while I was pulling all the crap out of it. Who gets to take the new truck home and their trade in?

The hauling will be a career change. Massive career change. I have a good job and it pays the bills but I work for family and remain under the grand fathers thumb.

Alot of people would be happy to have what I do but working for family is tuff. Worked for them for the last 10 years and I have had enough.

Atleast this way it's my own business and how hard I work stipulates how much money I make. My main reason for switching is there is no or not much federal oversight, or new york attorney general with a hair up his ***, or scared federally backed instituitions who have screwed up so bad they did everything the NY AG told them they had to do or get sued and come in and change regulations on my profession and ruin my potential income cause it is no longer profitable to run as a small 1-2 man operation that requires the full fees we are due for the work we do instead the large firms with 100's and 1000's of employees take the work for 50% and put the little guys out of business. And then because I am basically a 1 man operation working for family and I am more than qualified to walk into a nice position with said firms I am not applicable because I have no institution experience even though I am in the top 20% of my field with professional designations. Also one of the youngest in the organizations history to obtain said designation which I received when I was 28 almost 2 years ago. If I was 5-10 years older it wouldnt be an issue. I am too young for my profession. The professional organization chapter I am a member of and treasurer of I am the youngest by atleast 20 years.

Well no or little fed oversight atleast until the feds start paying attention to hot shot outfits under 26,001. Or if a large trucking firm decides that hot shots shouldnt be allowed to operate and greases a politicians pocket to make new regs.

There are some nice rigs here! There are things I don't get but that prolly has a lot to do with me not being a diesel head YET. I love how this thing drives. Love anything that can be driven and modified. I've modified mustangs (95 good 05 piece crap), 04 impala ss 3.8 supercharged v6 put out 300 ponies at the wheels with meth injection, smaller pulley, headerback exhaust, and my own laptop tuning, lt1 trans am with 375-400 at the wheels all kinds of goodies, old typhoon AWD making 330 hp, 80's camaro (piece of crap), rice burners (crap), Hey I modified the Hemi ram with a self built custom ram air intake and increased my hwy mpg to 22 and noticiable neck snapping at or above 40 punching WOT, and a few other things, bikes, boats, and atv's. I got a couple DS650's for sale to go toward the trailer purchase. I typically like to do it right and for the right reasons. If I am gonna spend the money on a feature it's gotta be good. Dropped a bunch of cash on the system which I just pulled but I can comfortably say it was one of the loudest systems in town. Not that I have heard everyone elses but when your sitting at a light as many lights as I have sat at and I never heard anyone elses. I could literally be heard from about 3/4 mile away and had a neighbor complain that her trinkets in her living room 3 blocks away were ratteling.

Anyway I have always been curious why guys run the big rig style stacks? Was always curious why people build their diesel to blow black smoke? Those are the major 2. #1 may have a real purpose and I am truly curious. Exhaust has many benefits why is that output chosen or are there additional benefits? How do they compare to standard style upgraded exhaust systems? #2 doesn't make sense to me. Black smoke is unburnt diesel. Why not figure out how to burn that fuel and go even faster or tune it properly for proper combustion?! I know diesel is different from gas but a gas motor with too much fuel (rich) will run worse and very hot and just as bad as a knocking and pinging under fueled (lean) car?

I am not knocking on any one! I am curious! Truly! I want to understand... This is a new thing for me. I am just trying to dive into it and learn about it.

Plus I think I can get along better. The southern red neck in me wants to come out a little, preach Republican and Tea Party, replace incumbents, no mo bama, and how hot Megan Kelly is even when she was pregnant, ect and feel like a board full of truck guys are prolly similar. You find out real quick on places like an impala board you can easily hurt someones feelings by typing the wrong thing and they go crying to the mod. Here it's (I hope it is) screw ya if ya don't like it and hit tha rode. No room for board cry babies if you can't take a little critisism then suck your balls back in your butt and hit tha rode.

And above isn't me crying I am doing my own thing and moving on with a new career just sharing my frustration with the ways of our beloved country and institutions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.