Delo Oil & Racor Filters???? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 08:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Delo Oil & Racor Filters????

Guys,

I was told the other day by an ex-Ford employee that Ford recommends Delo oil. Then I read this morning on this site that they also use Racor Fuel Filters. I purchased a 2009 with 19000 miles and am going to have the oil and all filters changed tomorrow. I am not carrying it to a Ford dealer but to the an oil changing place I have been using for years and trust the guys working there. They have choices of oil and filters and I am trying to figure out which way to go. I am not going with Synthetic oil but not sure what I am going with. Any suggestions??

WRS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Delo oil is a popular choice, and Racor makes the filters for Motorcraft, so you should be good with those choices. Oil opinions are like color opinions, everybody's is different
Old 06-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I run Delo 400 15w-40 & Motorcraft filters.....Delo seems to be very popular oil. Alot of truckers use this in their rig and I think it is what Peterbuilt fills their new trucks with. I change every 5000 miles too.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006PSDSD View Post
Delo oil is a popular choice, and Racor makes the filters for Motorcraft, so you should be good with those choices. Oil opinions are like color opinions, everybody's is different
+1 to that! theres just so many to choose from.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

yea racor filters are motorcraft. Make sure its the updated filter Motorcraft # FD-4617 or Racor # PFF-4617.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW794 View Post
yea racor filters are motorcraft. Make sure its the updated filter Motorcraft # FD-4617 or Racor # PFF-4617.
When I searched those part numbers, they appear to be the fuel filters. I think the oil filter numbers are;

FL-2016(Motorcraft)

PFL-2016(Racor)
Old 06-04-2010, 12:14 PM

We had a rep from Racor at the shop yesterday and we went over the differences between the original PFF5550 and the new PFF4617. The only difference is on the smaller filter, they have added an o-ring. The only reason for this was because Ford was finding that some people were neglecting to change there fuel filters when they were supposed to and in doing so, the filter would eventually fail. The new o-ring ensures that nothing will get past even if neglected for extended periods. As long as you change your filter when you are supposed to, the old PFF5550 filters work just fine. All of our current stock is the new PFF4617 though as the old PFF5550 filters are no longer being produced. Here is a link to the fuel and oil filters for the 6.4L.

Ford 6.4L Filters
Old 06-05-2010, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcschultz View Post
When I searched those part numbers, they appear to be the fuel filters. I think the oil filter numbers are;

FL-2016(Motorcraft)

PFL-2016(Racor)
Im sorry man, i misread your post. I thought you wanted to do fuel filters. The oil filters are # FL-2016(Motorcraft) # PFL-2016(Racor)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.