Best Turbo-Back Exhaust - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 10:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Best Turbo-Back Exhaust

I'm saving my pennies right now to buy a Spartan tuner as I want to drop the DPF. I don't want to keep that double ended stock tip, so I don't want to just do a bypass pipe. I want to do a turbo back. I'd like to do all stainless if possible. I did an MBRP on 2008 GMC and was very happy with it. Any suggestions on a good system for a 2010 F250?

Thanks for your time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2010, 02:40 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
several guys seem to like the flowpro kits. I am thinking about getting that myself in 5" from the downpipe back. here is the aluminized kit but they have the stainless one too.

http://cobbsdieselperformance.com/i-...o-muffler.html
Old 05-31-2010, 02:41 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
MBRP
Old 05-31-2010, 03:21 PM

if you buy an H&S Black Maxx tuner... H&S Performance offers a full stainless kit for your truck... and you will be much happier with the black maxx over the spartan
Old 05-31-2010, 03:27 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunesRunner08 View Post
if you buy an H&S Black Maxx tuner... H&S Performance offers a full stainless kit for your truck... and you will be much happier with the black maxx over the spartan
Explain? I've always heard that the Spartan is waayy better and it not only has higher HP tunes, but is also more customizable.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:37 PM

for one, H&S has cleaner shift point and is more tranny safe... 2 its more user friendly... 3 its shift on the fly, 4 the HP ratings are almost identical... and 5 H&S customer service is very easily reached
Old 05-31-2010, 03:56 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunesRunner08 View Post
for one, H&S has cleaner shift point and is more tranny safe... 2 its more user friendly... 3 its shift on the fly, 4 the HP ratings are almost identical... and 5 H&S customer service is very easily reached
Not to question your knowledge, and I'm just asking, but how can a shift-on-the-fly tuner be safer for the transmission? I thought that is what ate the 5R110's to pieces? I thought you needed a relearn for each tune loaded.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:06 PM

im interested on this subject now. Ill give it a bump
Old 06-01-2010, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickStroke6.0 View Post
Not to question your knowledge, and I'm just asking, but how can a shift-on-the-fly tuner be safer for the transmission? I thought that is what ate the 5R110's to pieces? I thought you needed a relearn for each tune loaded.
whether you shift on fly or stop turn off your truck and put a new tune it, the trans needs to relearn... the 5r110w's adaptive shift program doesnt know anything when you change a tune... you are supposed to put a few miles on it driving it how you plan on in that mode... in that sense, all tuners, including H&S and Spartan are lacking... no one can shut down the adaptive controls... my advice to everyone is daily driving you keep everything normal, and for racing you put the truck in tow haul mode and romp on it... that way when you go to race and you change your tune, you hit tow haul and the computer recognizes it as "GO TIME".... but thats just my advice...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.