newb needs help deciding - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 10:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
newb needs help deciding

hey everyone, im looking at the new 6.7 and 6.4 and im trying to figure which would be better for what i wanna do. Im gonna use it for a commuter and sometimes tow 12k. what would be the ideal truck to get, i want this this to be bullet-proof and stay outta the shop as much as possible. what would yall recommend for the set-up (tuners, etc). thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2010, 11:08 AM
Other vehicle is an F250

Welcome to the org.!

I won't be much help 'cause I'm old school!
Old 05-31-2010, 11:35 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Welcome to the org!

I drive an 02 but last week my dad bought the 6.7. Let me tell you that that thing is a beast! I love it. I drove it 150 miles so far. I am leaving in it friday and going on a 4k mile road trip. Compared to driving it with a 6.4 it drives so much better and has a lot more power. I know its new but it seems like ford has done its research on this engine and it should be awesome. I know dad wont put a tuner on it until after the warranty is up. I know I will pull 15k with it being a 350 SRW CCSB
Old 05-31-2010, 03:57 PM

Go with the 6.4 for now, wait a couple years until the 6.7 is proven before biting that bullet. You can find new 6.4 for 15 to 20k less then a new loaded 6.7. Drop an extra 2 grand on a Spartan, and the 6.7 stock won't hold a candle to it.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I just bought a 2010 F-350 CC SBW with the 6.4l after driving the 2011 and the new 6.7 PSD.
It is a remarkable engine and I will buy one in a couple years after they get some miles on them.
For the money I saved and the general reviews of the 6.4 I believe it is one the best motors on the market hands down and even though it has some quirks (like all the rest) you really can't go wrong in my opinion.
For the record it is my opinion the in 5 years the 6.4 will be the most sought after diesel on the market. They over built this motor to suych an extent in my opinion that with proper tuning and upgrades it will be a complete animal
Old 06-02-2010, 08:33 AM

For me the 6.4 has plenty of power and with rebates, X-plan and trade in I got my 2010 King Ranch for 43,000, so they are trying to move the 6.4's. What really made my mind up was looks more than anything. Don't like badging and why did Ford tack on those fender flares, really messed with the look of the truck. And I have never seen that much chrome on the front end of a truck.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasin' Tail View Post
For me the 6.4 has plenty of power and with rebates, X-plan and trade in I got my 2010 King Ranch for 43,000, so they are trying to move the 6.4's. What really made my mind up was looks more than anything. Don't like badging and why did Ford tack on those fender flares, really messed with the look of the truck. And I have never seen that much chrome on the front end of a truck.
agreed, i dislike chrome, it looks tacky in excess. I picked up an 08 for a heck of a price. The 6.4 is the way to go in my opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.