Anyone wanna tell me if this is a decent deal? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 04:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone wanna tell me if this is a decent deal?

Looking at a 2008 F250 CCSB, it is a lariat, has just about everything except nav and roof. This would be my first ford, Typically i dont worry about mileage on a diesel too much This one has nearly 88k on it. he has service records, never used it for towing, other than jetskis and it looks to be in pretty good shape for its mileage (texas truck)

I can get it for 27000 and shipping for 700

Is this a good deal, or should i look for less miles?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2010, 04:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

thats basically nothing for miles. seems about reasonable for price with those miles and being a 2008
Old 05-20-2010, 04:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Typically i dont put much more than 20k on a vehicle before i get rid of it, but i was looking at keeping my next purchase a little longer.

It is completely stock, never had a tuner or exhaust. etc
Old 05-20-2010, 06:17 PM

Not bad, I would look around a little - I saw some when I was looking with a lot less miles for around 30k. Not easy to find, but they are out there, they just move quickly.

With the rebates out on 2010 models, you could get in a brand new for for another 10 to 12 k depending on the dealer.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I thought about a new one, just not logical at this point, the depreciation would suck even at its discounted price. I have been looking for a solid 3 months, I agree they come around with fewer miles for just a bit more, but they are few and very far between. I really had my budget set for about 32k, but the way i see this one, more money for goodies, I just dont want issues. I guess he had platnium bumper to bumper, so it has full warranty for 2k more miles, I'd pry have it taken in and have them check all of the recalls, service bulletins. before it rolls over 90k.

Ive only had one vehicle with 90k plus on it, and that was a long time ago, I dont think i should have to worry much about a diesel, but I am still new to the 6.4
Old 05-22-2010, 05:25 AM

I just picked up one for 32K with 78K miles on it. 100% stock powertrain just has a 6in lift and brand new 37in Toyo MT's. Seached for a while, CC Diesel Ford's are pretty hard to find for sale in my area. Ending up getting one from a state over.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:30 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jonboywv12
Quote:
Originally Posted by atvrider93 View Post
thats basically nothing for miles. seems about reasonable for price with those miles and being a 2008

really? are u serious! he said it has 88k on it did you notice what year the truck was? its an 2008! we are in the year 2010! that is 2 years this mean this guy has drivin pretty much all over the world and back 44k in 1 year! he better have service records to back that up. an avg person doesnt matter what your doing will do around 20 or so...

Last edited by Jonboywv12; 05-22-2010 at 05:32 AM. Reason: added some info
Old 05-22-2010, 05:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jonboywv12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw33 View Post
Looking at a 2008 F250 CCSB, it is a lariat, has just about everything except nav and roof. This would be my first ford, Typically i dont worry about mileage on a diesel too much This one has nearly 88k on it. he has service records, never used it for towing, other than jetskis and it looks to be in pretty good shape for its mileage (texas truck)

I can get it for 27000 and shipping for 700

Is this a good deal, or should i look for less miles?

Thanks
me personally if i were guna get this truck i would pay 10? maybe just because of millage yes its a lariat but millage will make or break any vehicle you are looking at buying. Also yes its a diesel and they run for every but ur guna have a 6.4 under there that has been driving alll the time, if it were a 7.3 i doubt i would be saying this. oh well its your money and your option, but i would keep looking or get this truck for dirt cheep.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:26 AM

Lots of miles for a truck that is about 2.5 years old, normal milage for a year by dealer standards is 15,000 miles a year, I would offer them around $22,000 and no more, there are better deals out there, shoot I just turned 10,000 last night and I have a 08...keep looking in my opinion.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:44 AM

I bought an 08 with just over 100k. Obvious highway miles and truck was in great shape. I did the delete and it quite making the oil level rise and is one nice truck. The price you are talking is a fair deal. My rule of thumb when looking for a truck with mileage was to buy low enough to do one major repair (~5k) and still be at trade in value. Good luck. I am already looking to trade in for 60k dollar air conditioned seats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.