New 2010, new Ford Owner, and new Diesel owner - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 07:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dim Sum
Smile New 2010, new Ford Owner, and new Diesel owner

Well, I did it.

2010 F-250 Lariat 4x4. Against all common sense, I finally have a new diesel pickup truck! I've been waiting to get one for a while and as the prices go up on these things, the more out of reach they get (b/c 50k+ stickers are the norm). I'm not new to diesels. I've been around them my whole life (never a Powerstroke though) and have lots of friend with them. I've always wanted one, but fact of the matter I just couldn't get myself to jump onto one due to price.

Details

MSRP: 51,855
Rebates: 6,000
Military Rebate: 500
Dealer Discount: 6,500
7 yr 100k warranty extension
New Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors (I am moving to snow)

My previous truck was an 07 Toyota Tundra. It was a wonderful truck. I did everything I asked of it and I still think to this day the best truck for a person to get if they want to tow with a 1/2 ton. The 5.7 is amazing, but I always wanted a diesel. I won't speak negatively about that truck as it served me well for 3 years and 45k.

In the end, I'm in the Air Force and am moving to Ohio to get my master's degree. The Tundra was 2wd and I wanted a 4wd for some Canada exploring. Since I had an excuse, I saw a good opportunity to get a diesel. Do I need one, no. A 4x4 1/2 ton would do the job (and yes if I was gonna buy gas, it would have been another Tundra), but I saw the perfect opportunity to get a deeply discounted diesel and I took it! I'm excited and this new truck is great.

http://www.inventory.fordvehicles.co...SW2BR8AEB14640

That is my sticker for the new Ford. I really liked the bench seat up front and wanted to go that way in the Superduty. As well, the White Platinum Tri-Coat is really nice. Tons of glitter in the paint and it sets the truck apart from the rest (I've never seen one of these colors in a Pickup truck before).

Reasons for Purchase:

1. Rebates are amazing. I hope the rebates swallow a decent amount of depreciation off of this truck vs the 1500 off a new 2011
2. The 6.4 after 08 has been pretty reliable. Most of the issues are with the 08 models
3. 4x4. I'm moving to Ohio and wanted 4wd so I can explore.

Here are a few pictures. The truck is dirty. We went up and towed out a 1952 Dodge Carry-All this weekend, but I forgot to get pictures due to the wind. Here are some others though.

(at Friend's house)

Office Friend's Porsche

Very Dirty

First tank was 19.0 MPG. Second tank was towing this weekend. About 9k on the trailer total and 250ish miles. Truck did 13. That's not too bad.

I really was looking hard at the 6.7. It looks like a great engine and I think it will be a better truck than the one I bought. However, I don't think it would be 6-8k better than my truck (it does cost more and less rebates) and the 84 months / 100k Ford ESP I bought should offset any real issues (if there are any).

I've been lurking for over three years here. Got real serious back in December and made the purchase on April 26th. Super happy so far and hope to keep the smiles on my face. Thanks to everyone who has posted anything about their trucks. There's a good chance I read it and took your input into thought when buying my truck.

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2010, 07:17 PM

good looking truck, congrats on the purchase. i have an 05 so i dont know the 6.4 very well, but i do want one. enjoy it. delete the DPF, cat, and muffler and put a spartan tuner on there, and im sure you'll be much happier than you are now.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:30 PM

congrats on the new truck looks great! welcome to the .org!
Old 05-17-2010, 08:52 PM

no way you got 19mpg! he!! it took 1 month to break the engine in on mine to get to 13mpg
Old 05-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Retired Army

nice truck, hope you enjoy it
Old 05-18-2010, 09:21 AM

Nice truck.

You are not supposed to tow anything until at least 500 miles.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Congrats

Nice choice of trucks. I think as you drive it more you will like it even better.

Thanks for your service to the country.

I get between 18-19 mpg on the highway unloaded (hand calculated) if I keep it at about 68mph - 1650rpm's.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:32 AM

I know....I had just a hair over 400 miles on it when we towed that trailer with the Porsche. It didn't weight that much so I think I'm okay.

Picking up the Dodge got me over 500 miles...but just over. Towing with the diesel verses the gasser 5.7 is like night and day. I could not believe the difference.

The 19mpg was the trip home from El Paso to my house. It was 228 miles and I put in 12.0 gallons. Pretty amazing, but it was all easy highway. I used the truck last week to go to work and averaged a little over 15.0. I don't pay attention to the truck's computer as it hasn't been all that close so far.

Thanks for the warm welcomes!
Old 05-18-2010, 04:56 PM

nice looking truck. I wanted a white one but got a great deal on mine so royal red it was LOL. So you in Abq?
Old 05-18-2010, 05:09 PM

That red is a great color too! I actually really liked that color, but I wanted the Platinum Tri Coat because after grad school, I'll be moving to Las Vegas. I can't do dark colors in that heat!

I'm in Alamogordo, NM (Holloman AFB).....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.