What else is the International Harvester 6.4 in? Trucks? Buses? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What else is the International Harvester 6.4 in? Trucks? Buses?

I know it is Navistar now, I am Old School...

Anyway, it is not an interim engine, the Powerstroke 6.4 is here to stay for quite a while. I like it so much, I am playing with the idea of sticking with it, since the new F-450 has been Nuetered.... Smaller diff, smaller wheels, smaller brakes, less studs....

Anyway, I have heard referrence to other applications than Ford, Techies do you know what else the old IH is putting it into?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2010, 10:35 PM

The 6.4L is the best kept secret in the the full size diesel pick-up segment. My belief is that in several years, the 6.4L will be the most desirable engine out there.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:20 AM

Send a message via AIM to pistolpete837
Im not sure of the all the other applications, but they call it the Maxxforce 7.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:34 AM
Banned

The maxxforce 7 is marketed for,commercial fleet service lines, Bus , even RV.

This contract is recently signed and sealed.
"Under a recently signed multi-year agreement, Navistar Engine Group will supply an advanced V8 turbodiesel to Capacity of Texas Inc., a leading maker Globally of terminal tractors for cargo-handling applications. Beginning fall 2009, MaxxForce® 7 engines will power Capacity brand terminal tractors."

I heartily agree that the engine in our 08-2010 are the platform leaders in the diesel engine industry , they are already futuristic and will be developed for many years

Last edited by Vettester; 05-12-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:44 AM

now if I could just get a 6spd tranmission for my 6.4...
Old 05-12-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueF350 View Post
now if I could just get a 6spd tranmission for my 6.4...
You don't need it.... It is just added publicity farce for the six speed in the Duramax Girls truck..... The Five speed, on Tow/Haul Mode, is just as user friendly as the baby Allison. I am not talking out of my hat here either, in our Fleet I have towed with an 08 2500 HD Silverado, and an 09 3500 HD Silverado DRW, both 4x4s and CC. I also owned an 06 King Ranch F-350 4x4 DRW and an 07KR F-350 KR 4x4 DRW CC, and there is NO PRACTICAL DIFFERENCE... I CURRENTLY also own an F-450 CC DRW KR, and the transmission advantage of 6 speed is NIL, ZERO, NADA, DON'T MISS IT, and so on....

No need for six speed. I doubt there is ANYONE on this Forum to be more qualified than that for this answer, owning and towing with them...

lone Ranger in Oz, towed heavy to the limits of all...
Old 05-14-2010, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Ranger View Post
You don't need it.... It is just added publicity farce for the six speed in the Duramax Girls truck..... The Five speed, on Tow/Haul Mode, is just as user friendly as the baby Allison. I am not talking out of my hat here either, in our Fleet I have towed with an 08 2500 HD Silverado, and an 09 3500 HD Silverado DRW, both 4x4s and CC. I also owned an 06 King Ranch F-350 4x4 DRW and an 07KR F-350 KR 4x4 DRW CC, and there is NO PRACTICAL DIFFERENCE... I CURRENTLY also own an F-450 CC DRW KR, and the transmission advantage of 6 speed is NIL, ZERO, NADA, DON'T MISS IT, and so on....

No need for six speed. I doubt there is ANYONE on this Forum to be more qualified than that for this answer, owning and towing with them...

I thought that you posted earlier that the Australian regulations would not let you exceed the manufacturers GCWR? If so I am sure there are lots of us here who routinely weigh in at more than the manufacturers assigned GCWR of the vehicles you mentioned, IE a couple of our F-450/F-550 hot shot trucks are registered for 22,000Kg and routinely come close to hitting that...
Old 05-15-2010, 05:26 AM

I have gotten Transport Engineers to with Modification Plates to extend my GVM now. I added air bags over the suspension, and air brakes over the hydraulics. You have to do the Engineering, but you can extend the specs once you have...

They ARE a lot stricter here, on sticking to the Factory set weights. They even set up portable weigh bridges at State borders to spot check people towing heavy... You are going to get your personal freedom curtailed the same way by Obama, once you have Socialized medicine. They will tighten up all the laws to protect you from yourself...
Old 05-16-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
I have gotten Transport Engineers to with Modification Plates to extend my GVM now. I added air bags over the suspension, and air brakes over the hydraulics. You have to do the Engineering, but you can extend the specs once you have...

They ARE a lot stricter here, on sticking to the Factory set weights. They even set up portable weigh bridges at State borders to spot check people towing heavy... You are going to get your personal freedom curtailed the same way by Obama, once you have Socialized medicine. They will tighten up all the laws to protect you from yourself...
Luckily I am a Canadian so we already have socialized medicine and Obama is a entertaining curiosity like a circus sideshow but that is as far as it goes.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:

There is a guy on Pirate that was saying that he regularly backs up long drive ways up hill with trailers. He's smoked a lot of autos doing this and prefers a manual because they hold up better. I think it depends on the application and what you prefer. I like an auto better but a few times I've wished I had a manual...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.