sell me - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sell me

Hey guys im looking to upgrade my 2005 f350 v10 to a 2010 6.4 im fully sold but my father needs to co sign he isn't sold on the fact the powerstroke costs so much more. help me out with some things i can tell him to convince him
Thanks Cody
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
i would just wait and get the 6.7L... from the looks of it its a far superior engine and trans combo.....
Old 04-21-2010, 06:58 PM

Send a message via MSN to Dusten
you can tell him the diesel costs 8000 more, and is more expensive to maintain. Just out of curiousity, if you need a co-signer for a 40.000 truck, why don;t you look to buy something you can buy one your own
Old 04-21-2010, 07:02 PM

well Dusten im only 17 but i own a landscaping business. and ford financing i have to be at least 18 so he would have to co sign. and the reason im looking at a 6.4 is they are 10 grand off sticker. and i think the 2011s are ugly.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:10 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusten View Post
why don;t you look to buy something you can buy one your own
I don't mean to be rude, but why be a critic? When I was 19 I could easily make the payments on my GT Mustang (that I now own), but I couldn't get financed to save my life. It took 3 more years for credit bureaus to even remotely think about giving me a loan. I still have mediocre credit and own 3 vehicles, purchasing a 4th, and paying for 2 different houses.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:12 PM

cotton thanks man at least someone is on my side. lol
Old 04-21-2010, 07:35 PM

Send a message via MSN to Dusten
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotton View Post
I don't mean to be rude, but why be a critic? When I was 19 I could easily make the payments on my GT Mustang (that I now own), but I couldn't get financed to save my life. It took 3 more years for credit bureaus to even remotely think about giving me a loan. I still have mediocre credit and own 3 vehicles, purchasing a 4th, and paying for 2 different houses.
you know a large part of your credit is debt to income... and history of credit... and available credit...
Old 04-21-2010, 07:37 PM

Dusten im not trying to start anything. But what made you buy the truck you have? thats all i want to know.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:51 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusten View Post
you know a large part of your credit is debt to income... and history of credit... and available credit...
And you think Uncle Sam or anyone knows how much I really make? Would I want them to, other than for loan purposes? Also, about 80% of my credit history (positive items like purchasing that Mustang) still have absolutely no reflection on my credit??? When I bought that car, I had zero credit history and even paying it off, it shows nothing in my favor. The only thing I have ever used that reports positively on my credit are my credit cards (which I keep to a minimum in order to have a very low debt to income ratio, neither of which go over $1500). Just because you can't get a loan doesn't mean you don't make enough money to afford it. But I guess you never thought of someone paying for most everything in cash in order to prevent owing more than they make.

Last edited by cotton; 04-21-2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:16 PM

Sorry I don't have any financial advice , but the Powerstroke is a solid engine with power to spare and will out live a v10 easily. It pulls my 8000 lb 5th like nothing and would be great for hauling your landscaping equipment. I agree the 2011 are fugly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.