oil change price. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
oil change price.

i`m due for my second oil change on my 09. last year i took it do my dealer for its 1st service and they tried to dick me with the price. to make a long story short i went out the door happily (with some hassle) for 60 bucks.

i emailed them for a quote and they came back with 170 bucks (cdn). I also wanted the secondary fuel filter changed and they quoted 80 bucks.

these prices seem kinda bloated. is there anyone in the Toronto area that has had a better price? I have emailed around a few dealerships and are awaiting replies.

thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2010, 05:30 AM

I cant speak for that area but those prices dont seem abnormal. I pay $90 USD for an oil change and $170 for the fuel filters to be changed. It's a lot but from I understand that's actually cheaper than some dealers in my area. It's a whole lot cheaper to do it yourself but I have nowhere to work on my truck so im happy to pay someone else to do it.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
$70 for an oil change
Old 04-16-2010, 12:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

125 here in memphis. Strongly suggest you try to find a place to do it yourself. You will save money and learn alot about your truck in the process. There is a bit of a learning curve the first time (fuel filter), but it gets down to a science eventually
Old 04-16-2010, 12:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I get coupons for $70 every couple of months, received one Wednesday in the mail, and they will throw in a free wash...still do it myself.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

A local Ford dealer in south Kansas City (not where I purchased my truck) offered a $699 life-time oil change good for 5,000 intervals where they also check (???) other fluids, wear and notify me of required service intervals. A bit pricey over do-it-yourself but I figure that having the truck in a Ford shop every 5,000 might be insurance in my pocket if something goes wrong.

Of course it's only good for current owner and only as long as that one dealer is in business. So life-time might be debatable.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatcop? View Post
$70 for an oil change
$70 IS VERY CHEAP!, What do you pay for 16 qts of good quality oil alone? Dealer cost on Motorcraft 15w40 is 2.94 x 16 = 47.04 just for cost on the oil. Dealer cost on a Motorcraft oil filter is $17.40 . Thats $64.40 cost before you apply any labor and maybe a little profit, If you are getting it done For $70 I would check too see what they are using and who is doing it . IMO JIM
Old 04-16-2010, 03:30 PM

$100-$110 for oil changes is normal in my area. Most dealers want about the same for the fuel filters also.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:54 PM
Ihre Mama mag mich

where are thay to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuralSurvivalGuide View Post
I get coupons for $70 every couple of months, received one Wednesday in the mail, and they will throw in a free wash...still do it myself.
wherer are thoes q-pons to? my oil changes run 155-225 depending on the synthetic or not
Old 04-16-2010, 04:29 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to eric.davis
i dont understand why people pay the dealership to do their fluid changes. you do it your self its cheaper and you know it was actually done. its actually less time to do it your self than have the dealer do it. i just dont get it. might just be me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.