2009 Ford 6.4L already an old dog??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2009 Ford 6.4L already an old dog???

Sure looks that way by what I have read do far about the 6.7L.....just bought the truck in Dec 2009, what is the predication on re-sale values for the 6.4L......is it just the old dog on the block now....how depressing.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2010, 02:42 PM
Warheads on Foreheads

i don't know if I'd say that, the 6.7 haven't been truly proven yet. I think the 6.4 still has great resale, I know my buddy was looking for one and had a hard time finding any at his dealer. just my .02
Old 04-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by border bandit32 View Post
Sure looks that way by what I have read do far about the 6.7L.....just bought the truck in Dec 2009, what is the predication on re-sale values for the 6.4L......is it just the old dog on the block now....how depressing.....
i believe in life there are greater issues of worry other than the resale of a truck.

but if its a topic of concern i would be at ease. every few years in the auto industry the makers perform changes to their vehicles from styling to powertrain, this is a constant. i can`t recall a motor type actually reducing the value of a vehicle in previous model years because the newer version is something that is proclaimed "better".

that is yet to be determained in this case

and as consumers this is the evil we must face: making a purchase that is to be outdated in the near future.

so if i were you, i would go take a prozac, chase it with a high quality beer, enjoy your health and happiness, and take your truck out for a spin when you sober up
Old 04-14-2010, 03:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptain howdie View Post
i believe in life there are greater issues of worry other than the resale of a truck.

but if its a topic of concern i would be at ease. every few years in the auto industry the makers perform changes to their vehicles from styling to powertrain, this is a constant. i can`t recall a motor type actually reducing the value of a vehicle in previous model years because the newer version is something that is proclaimed "better".

that is yet to be determained in this case

and as consumers this is the evil we must face: making a purchase that is to be outdated in the near future.

so if i were you, i would go take a prozac, chase it with a high quality beer, enjoy your health and happiness, and take your truck out for a spin when you sober up
Amen bro, how bout a Xanax and some Johnny Walker Black Label...works for me!!!
Old 04-14-2010, 03:51 PM
Serving Our Country!

i thought we bought diesel so that it would last 300k, if you want to trade your truck in every few years why not save money and buy a gaser?
Old 04-14-2010, 03:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablos30 View Post
i thought we bought diesel so that it would last 300k, if you want to trade your truck in every few years why not save money and buy a gaser?

been there done that...hated it~~
Old 04-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Serving Our Country!

maybe that new 6.2l will change your mind lol
Old 04-14-2010, 11:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I plan to keep this truck until the day I die. I may buy other vehicles in the years to come, but this F250 will always be in my driveway. Just because something newer comes along, it doesn't necessarily make it better. I like the look of my truck better than the 2011. I like the 2011, but the exterior design is a step backwards, in my opinion.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:02 AM

I'm not worried at all. Resale on the 6.4L is strong now and I don't see the 6.7L doing a whole lot to hurt that. The new trucks are significantly more expensive and the styling isn't for everyone. Granted the 6.7L may prove to be a great motor but most are very happy with their 6.4L. I absolutely love my truck and have no intentions of getting rid of it for a new one, at least for a few more years. This is the only vehicle I've kept for more than a year as well.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod80 View Post
I'm not worried at all. Resale on the 6.4L is strong now and I don't see the 6.7L doing a whole lot to hurt that. The new trucks are significantly more expensive and the styling isn't for everyone. Granted the 6.7L may prove to be a great motor but most are very happy with their 6.4L. I absolutely love my truck and have no intentions of getting rid of it for a new one, at least for a few more years. This is the only vehicle I've kept for more than a year as well.

I agree...a year ago I wanted to get an 11 as soon as they hit the lots...but now I have decided against that...not due to funds but due to the fact that I like my current truck more so than any vehicle I have owned in the past, and more so than the 11s. I am not stuck in the past and cant say a new truck is better than an old one...but the changes inside are very suttle (nothing like going from my 05 to the 08) and the ext changes are a bit too "feminine" to me. I am interested in the new engine though for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.