Spartan Tuner - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Spartan Tuner

I think I have the wife sold

My 2010 now has 2400 miles on it, a Regen occured with her in the truck tonight, she wanted to go home, but we couldn't because we had to let the REGEN finish. I figured out how to check on it with the system check. It stopped one time at a stop light, then resumed. I never saw the "cleaning Exhaust filter complete" pop up on the screen, but after about 30 minutes of driving the message disappeared. I drove it around for about 15 additional minutes just checking to make sure the message did not re-appear before coming home and shuting it down.

Wife is now doing some research on Spartan's web-site....

I talked to Spartan today and they recommended running the 275 tune, but I am not sure I need that much power. The only reason I want one is to get rid of the REGEN, and get better MPG. I am sure after I have it set up, I may look at it differently, but as of now, that is the only reason I want it.

Now I have to dig deep and find an additional $1600. I guess the kids can go without food for a month or two.

Last edited by j21black; 04-06-2010 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Addition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j21black View Post

My 2010 now has 2400 miles on it, a Regen occured with her in the truck tonight, she wanted to go home, but we couldn't because we had to let the REGEN finish. I figured out how to check on it with the system check. It stopped one time at a stop light, then resumed. I never saw the "cleaning Exhaust filter complete" pop up on the screen, but after about 30 minutes of driving the message disappeared. I drove it around for about 15 additional minutes just checking to make sure the message did not re-appear before coming home and shuting it down.

I feel your pain. I just turned 1600 miles and I'm ready to tune my 6.4l, funny thing is that is exactly how my wife suddenly agreed to a Spartan setup just yesterday. Almost home - and ooops regen.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

It's funny how upgrading the truck is a bad idea to her until it effects her. Let us know if we can help either of you with anything.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:56 AM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to 1tonpower
does the truck pause the regen when in park...any how...its a nice excuse to tell the Ms.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
but we couldn't because we had to let the REGEN finish.
You are kidding right? There is nothing in the owners manual that says if it starts you have to let it finish. It will start again next time it gets warmed up if it needs to.

Last edited by broark01; 04-07-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:21 PM

Regen can be a real pain, Spartan is you best option. Give me a holler if I can help with anything.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broark01 View Post
You are kidding right? There is nothing in the owners manual that says if it starts you have to let it finish. It will start again next time it gets warmed up if it needs to.
Does the owners manual tell you everything you need to know? I have read all over this forum, it is best to let it finish. Some guys end up late for work because they will not shut the truck off while in REGEN. Does this help? I am not sure, but REGENS are bad in general. Something about getting fuel in the oil pan. I have seen some TECHS on here says this gets worse if you don't let it finish.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:

I talked to Spartan today and they recommended running the 275 tune, but I am not sure I need that much power. The only reason I want one is to get rid of the REGEN, and get better MPG. I am sure after I have it set up, I may look at it differently, but as of now, that is the only reason I want it.

Now I have to dig deep and find an additional $1600. I guess the kids can go without food for a month or two.
The Regen process stops when you stop the vehicle, or are driving under 30km/hr from what I've read. I don't understand what the difference is with not letting it finish regen, vs letting it finish when you start the truck up again. I guess in the perfect world it would be nice to let it finish each time, but most of us have busy schedules and don't have time to waste + extra fuel to burn to just drive around each time it comes on. Maybe someone else can shed some more light on this.

I also want to get the Spartan tuner, the amount of fuel consumed on regen is ridiculous. Still saving up
Old 04-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:

Get the Spartan because you want the Spartan. Nothing more and nothing less.

I understand how it is to sell an item to the wife.

What do you mean about "after 30 minutes the message disappeared"? What message are you talking about? You have a 2010 the "cleaning exhaust filter" message is only supposed to come on for about 5 seconds and then disappear. The only way you will see anything again is if you do a system check if it's a normal regen.

Last edited by Front Runner; 04-07-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm sorry but I will not be late for work to let the regen finish!!!Well I am the owner but when I need to stop I stop! I do drive in a rural area so it isn't the best case but I will not keep driving if I need to be there now.If I have time and it comes on I will drive to complete,but if I need to stop I stop.The spartan is in my future also but it seems I need to take my truck to the dealer alot lately so I don't need to keep changing the DPF.I will make the change soon though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.