Dealer Wants To Unload 2010 F350 For My 2008 F250..Deal? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dealer Wants To Unload 2010 F350 For My 2008 F250..Deal?

I was up talking (just bsing) to my service manager yesterday. I decided to take a walk around the lot. They have a 2010 F350 Lariat (nicely equipped) that the internet sales lady (bought my current truck from her)said I should buy. It's Pueblo Gold like my current F250 (which is a XLT). They are willing to take off my canopy and put it on the F350, put a bed rug in the F350 (which my F250 has), swap out my tires (Toyos) onto the F350 rims, and keep my payments the same with the only difference being that I would have 1 year more in payments. This would be a no cash out of pocket deal. Sticker on the F350 is about $59,000 with an out the door price of about $46,000. I owe about $44,000 on my F250. Deal or No Deal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2010, 09:56 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'd do it, sounds like a hell of a deal to me, one more year.. whats the difference, if its alot nicer truck, less miles, id do it
Old 04-03-2010, 10:17 AM

I would do it in a heart beat, new warenty, lower miles, for 1 more year of payments.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:20 AM

If you are getting invoice + rebates/incentives, then it's a good deal.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:24 AM

do it and don't regret it
Old 04-03-2010, 10:30 AM
Shade tree mechanic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I would pull the trigger on that one man.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Out the door price of $46k for just the truck? Or including the upside down you are in with your trucK? Surely they are not giving you 44k for your and you pay 46k for theirs. If that is the case do it. If they are selling you theirs and rolling money over from your old truck I'm not sure I would do it. When you get upside down that is a cylce that is hard to break. Let's be honest. You probably will not keep this new truck for 6 or 7 years. When you go to trade in 3 or 4 yrs you will be way upside down on this truck. I get the itch about every 3 years and go get a new truck only to say 6 months later, I should of kept the old truck it would be paid for by now. I never roll money over any more from old trucks. So when I trade I have equity. That was a lesson learned many years back when I rolled 10k over to a new one. So if you are only financing 46k do it. 46k plus the likley 10k you are upside down. No way. Just my .02.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:43 AM

I just looked at the email again. I was off just a little. The actual drive off the lot (amount financed) would be $48,324.67; so it would appear they have more "money" to play with and are willing to "eat" part of my current upside down situation. The one thing I don't really care for on this truck is the leather seats, which are beige tone, as I am afraid they would show dirt easily and I have read here of the leather not holding up very well. My F250 has cloth seats which I have always favored (personal thing) over leather. It just "seems" like a really good deal and would get me from being "upside down" I think.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Check the warranty coverage, I know there is some **** that isn't covered the same as a '10 as a 08.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Retired Army

If you do the deal just make sure to clean and condition the leather. I recommend using Lexol leather cleaner and then Lexol conditioner. I use it on my '04 and my '10 and on all of my saddles. It works really well. I have beige seats in both my rigs and it does show some dirt but not as bad as you would think....

I say pull the trigger on the deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.