Just Got My Blackstone Report..No Fuel In Oil - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 09:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just Got My Blackstone Report..No Fuel In Oil

In today's mail I received my Blackstone report from my last oil change. The truck mileage at the change was 12,863 and the miles on the oil was 4,817. According to the report the oil was still in very good condition and there was no evidence of fuel in the oil. I always complete the regen process (even when it means driving around the county for 10-15 minutes) before shutting of the motor. I'm beginning to believe that not completing the regen may be one of the factors leading to fuel in the oil that some have reported. Thought this might be of interest to others with stock trucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That is great news to get
Old 03-22-2010, 12:00 PM

Thanks didn't know that, I'll run out and take the tuner off my truck and reinstall the dpf in that case. NOT.

Old news bro. You really should do some reading on here instead of just posting things that are new to ONLY you. Just saying.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:51 PM

benjamin24...You must have sort of problem. I did not say anything about removing your tuner or anything that has to do with a tuner or your truck. I have read almost all posts going back well over 1 year and I did not read any posts that said not completing the regen process might be the reason for fuel getting into the oil. Perhaps I missed them. There are numerous posts about the regen process causing fuel to get into the oil due to how it works. I was only posting my findings that some might find interesting and you, once again, either did not understand my post or misread it, or are just trying to stir things up. The person who posted before you would appear to have not known this. I would bet there are many more who will read this who did not know, that perhaps, by completing the regen drive and not having to start it over, might help keep fuel out of the oil if their truck is stock. I'm really glad you like your tuned truck. I really like mine.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:27 PM
Warheads on Foreheads

glad to hear it! I have to send in mine when I get home, I idle ALOT living in AK
Old 03-22-2010, 02:33 PM

Maybe you should go back to the other thread you started about how/why fuel gets into the oil. I posted there what my theory was. I believe you're absolutely right in the fact that if you finish your regen you will have little or no fuel in your oil. I feel I'm correct in jumping to the conclusion that you are an older gentleman (not meaning any harm with that comment just assuming) and may not have much to do with your time, so you have nothing better to do than ride around for an extra 15 mins to maintain the speed to complete regen. For me and others time is money so to speak. Especially since the regen process is using anywhere from 2-4 gallons of fuel from what people are figuring.
If ford was smart, they would've put some type of sensor telling the driver when the dpf was close to needing cleaning and actually having a manual regen of some sort that drivers could turn on when the best opportunity arose.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:39 PM

Also, know that although the oil is not reaching your crankcase it is STILL being injected during the exhaust stroke and cleaning your cylinders walls. But by maintaining the necessary speed and completing the regen the fuel makes it to the dpf and is effectively consumed. Better yes, perfect no.

Why are you even worried about it since you've made it clear that you can afford to get a new vehicle every couple of years, and not planning on keeping this truck that long? I think you really like this truck, and are starting to get worried. Come on over to the dark side. It's exciting over here. I bet the first time you did a WOT run with just the spartan 250 tune you couldn't wipe the smile off your face for a week.

Last edited by benjamin24; 03-22-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:03 PM

I've said all along that I really like this truck so that is nothing new. And it is my first diesel so who knows I may keep it for many years. Am I worried? No. However, I am as concerned as anyone else would be if indeed fuel is getting into the oil. According to Blackstone (who many here say is one of the best) I have no fuel in the oil at this time. I will continue to have them periodically check it. I have stated many times that I MAY tune my truck (and join the dark side) when the warranty is up. My previous gassers were all tuned but I didn't have to "remove" any required EPA stuff to do that. By that time my truck will be several years old and I'll have been able to follow threads here to see how both stock and tuned motors have held up. Having a sensor & a manual mode for regen, that lets you know the regen will happen in, let's say 100 miles, would indeed be a nice thing. To bad Ford didn't think of that.

Finally, if only 1 person picks up some knowledge/insight from one of my posts (that are worthless to you) then I believe they are productive.

Last edited by fairhaven; 03-22-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairhaven View Post
In today's mail I received my Blackstone report from my last oil change. The truck mileage at the change was 12,863 and the miles on the oil was 4,817. According to the report the oil was still in very good condition and there was no evidence of fuel in the oil. I always complete the regen process (even when it means driving around the county for 10-15 minutes) before shutting of the motor. I'm beginning to believe that not completing the regen may be one of the factors leading to fuel in the oil that some have reported. Thought this might be of interest to others with stock trucks.
Cool! That's good to know.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Premium Member

Benjamin24: I've followed all the threads by fairhaven and I feel like you definitely jumped down his throat on this one. It caught me off guard. I agree with majority of your posts, and you argue your points well...but your initial post in this thread was pointless and impertinent and a bit immature.

Fairhaven: Good to hear you don't have any fuel in your oil. I have basically the same truck as yours and have only cut 3 or 4 regen cycles short. I have 23,000 miles on my truck and on my last oil change I had 6.5% fuel. I'm not too sure how cutting the regen cycle short would cause fuel in the oil, seeing as once you cut the cycle (by shutting off the truck), it is no longer injecting anything anywhere.

After my last oil change, I checked my oil level and it was right on the mark. I checked it again a day later with no regen having happened and it was still on the mark. After my first regen on the new oil (which was allowed to run to completion) I checked it again, and the level had already begun to rise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.