MPG Test - Regen vs No-regen - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 07:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MPG Test - Regen vs No-regen

So, I decided to do a little test and finally it worked out exactly how I wanted when I filled up. I drove the same exact route (just 70 miles though), kept everything the exact same as I could and was hoping to have one route with a regen and one without. Finally it happend. I filled up just like I normally do (round up to the next nearest gallon), at the exact same pump and kept my driving habits exactly the same, just 1 day apart (one trip on the 16th and the next one was today on the 17th. I filled up, drove 70 miles with no regen, filled up again, drove 70 miles and it went into regen during the trip, so I filled up at the exact same spot as I passed by the day before. It was about as near as perfect as a test you could do I think, lol.

Truck is a 2008 Job 1, Extended Cab SWB, 4x4, 3.73 Gears, bone stock.

No regen:
69.4 miles, 5 gallons (clicked off at 4.4 gallon) = 13.88 MPG (or 15.77mpg when it clicked off)

Regen:
70.1 miles, 7 gallons (clicked off at 6.3 gallon) = 10.01 MPG (or 11.13mpg when it clicked off)

Either way it doesn't really matter which way you look at it. That right there shows you EXACTLY what kind of difference these DPF's make in our trucks. Basically 2 gallons of fuel was injected into the exhaust to burn off, WAY TO GO EPA!!! Too bad you can't take these stupid things off. Maybe one day they will realize what they are doing and let us take these things off legally and without voiding warranty and giving us a $10,000 fine. Yeah, yeah I know.......

Anyways, just figured I would share that tid bit of info. Some may find it interesting.

Last edited by Shadrack; 03-17-2010 at 08:11 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2010, 07:52 AM
Warheads on Foreheads

nice test..... DPF= FAIL
Old 03-17-2010, 09:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks for the Info.....Spartan here i come
Old 03-17-2010, 09:29 AM
<<< 6.4 Powersmoke

I found that I had a new truck after I did my DPF/CAT delete, and installed my Spartan system. The EPA can kiss my ***. It's all about money anyways, how is it "environmentally friendly" to burn damn near twice as much fuel to meet emissions
Old 03-17-2010, 11:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Wow great info. That is a huge difference in that short of a drive.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:26 AM

diselkane...Your statement about the EPA is how the drug dealers feel about not being able to sell their illegal stuff. I guess you feel that you have the right to pick and choose which laws you are going to follow. So let's see; I don't like the speed limit so it's okay to drive as fast as I want, I like to drink so it's okay to drive drunk, I think my neighbors dog is too loud so it's okay to shoot it, etc. I too don't like some of the laws in this country but I'm sure not going to knowingly violate them. If we all did as we want this country would be in a bigger mess then it is. Just my thoughts. Go HUSKIES!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 12:15 PM

I dunno guys, the spartan vendors on here aren't assassinating each other over turf.

They've come close though......

Just keeping things interesting!!
Old 03-17-2010, 01:14 PM
Warheads on Foreheads

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairhaven View Post
diselkane...Your statement about the EPA is how the drug dealers feel about not being able to sell their illegal stuff. I guess you feel that you have the right to pick and choose which laws you are going to follow. So let's see; I don't like the speed limit so it's okay to drive as fast as I want, I like to drink so it's okay to drive drunk, I think my neighbors dog is too loud so it's okay to shoot it, etc. I too don't like some of the laws in this country but I'm sure not going to knowingly violate them. If we all did as we want this country would be in a bigger mess then it is. Just my thoughts. Go HUSKIES!!!
good lord let it go.... we all know your a SAINT and a perfect citizen. It's a public forum full of public opinions, and he can bad mouth the EPA or anyone else all he wants.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:42 PM

The mpg is gonna be a lot closer and a far less significant drop after the rest of the tank is burned. Because you only did about 70 miles the results are kinda skewed. Interesting to learn that it burnedd about 2 gallons through regen.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:55 PM
Emergency Services

I'm curious to see what would have a larger carbon footprint per year...a 7.3 or 6.4? Both of the same cab and bed configurations. Even with my lift i can still manage 19 highway in the summer. I don't think i've ever seen a stock 6.4 hit 19...especially not one with a lift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.