Tow hitch drop? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tow hitch drop?

Got a 2008 F250 with a 6" procomp lift, and 35" tires. Usually tow a 21' CC on a dual tandem trailer, along with an occassional kart trailer (6x8). What kind of drop do I need so it doesn't look like a wheelie in the back? 6", 8", 10"??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2010, 05:56 PM
Proud to serve!

The best thing to do is to measure your trailer toung when it is sitting level to the ground. Then measure the highth from the ground to your reciever and that should give you the differance.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I went for the Alumastinger 10" drop. I've got an Icon 7" lift with 37's. Its a little low but I'd rather my boat and other trailers not doing a wheelie like you said. I've also towed 10k lbs with it 2 5/8" ball with no problem. My .02
Old 03-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

just measure it like laritat guy said and buy it an inch shorter to give some play for it sqauting the truck some so it dont go nose down any
Old 03-14-2010, 10:05 PM

i was just looking for one also. I think I might get the rapid hitch. It is adjustable so you can set the height anywhere you want.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:41 AM

I went with the Rapid Hitch as well, 10in drop. I find I'm sitting about the 2 or 3 notch from the bottom when towing, depending on what I'm towing, but usually try the 2nd notch to begin with.

if you decide on a Rapid Hitch, a quick way to determine the size you will need is to measure to the top of your receiver. Less then 20in, go with the 2-1/2in drop. Between 20-24in go with the 5-1/2in drop and over 24in go with the 10in drop. Again, this pertains to an adjustable hitch like the Rapid Hitch, a fixed hitch needs to be more precise.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:03 AM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I was going to get the rapid hitch but didn't like all the pins you have to have. I ended up getting the diversi-tech adjustable hitch. Similar to the Anderson rapid hitch buy uses all internal locking pins. Like this one:

DiversiTech DT 8" Adj Aluminum Ball Mount Trailer Hitch : eBay Motors (item 270292722633 end time Apr-18-10 12:05:46 PDT)

Here is a 10" drop one:

DIVERSI-TECH DT TRAILER HITCH 10"DROP11"RISE Adj RAPID : eBay Motors (item 370363006374 end time Apr-12-10 20:43:06 PDT)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.