Been to a couple dealerships lately and finally found a truck that I like enough to purchase. It's a 2010 Harley Davidson F-350, CC, SB, pretty much fully loaded for $50,863.00 down from $65,000.00 BUT..........
I'm torn as to whether or not I want to spend this much cash and actually have a need for this much truck. I could use some assistance in fielding these questions so if you have something constructive
to add, I'm all ears.
Concerns listed below:
- I'm only likely to tow maybe 5-10 times a year my 1979 CJ Jeep (about 4500 lbs)....do I really need a diesel for such limited usage?
- If I buy a truck, diesel or gasoline, I'll need a trailer.....which means fronting extra cash for a trailer.
- I have three vehicles already (the Mercedes would be sold if a Ford truck was purchased) which means the truck would be the DD on the weekends. My wife works from home and throughout the week I'd drive my Jeep or my motorcycle to work so the truck wouldn't be seeing very many miles.
- Does it hurt a Diesel truck if it's only driven a couple times a week?
- Is there a non-diesel truck that can do the job I need or it 5-10 times a year for a lesser price?
- With the 2011's coming out and sounding like they are going to be all that and a bag of chips
would it be worth it to wait for one of those?
Thanks for everyone's time...........appreciate it.