08 6.4 vs 07 duramax - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2007, 07:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
08 6.4 vs 07 duramax

i went to a ford dealership the other day with my brother and test drove an 08 6.4... i told the salesmen " i wonder if this is faster than the new duramax"? so the salesmen me and my brother drove the 08 down to a chevy dealership. my brother got in the 07 duramax (note pre emissions era) and we took off down the street.. that duramax whooped that 6.4's a#$ all up and down. we were burning rubber and sliding around corners LOLOL those salesmen were holding on for dear life LOL. it was a great time. all in all, i would take the ford, the intertior is beautiful! and the truck is SO QUIET. i like my truck and have it loud but when u get in that thing its like a CAR! and it pulls plenty hard for me.... i couldn't get the 6.4 to spin its tires right off the line but had no problem doing it around a corner hehehe...going up to 90 mph on the freeway the duramax had me all the way up. but it was NOISY on the freeway and didn't drive as smooth as the ford... both trucks were the same bed/cab configuration. we also tested the 07 cummins but i hated the interior so bad we didn't bother racing it with the others. and the 4 doors weren't really 4 doors more like 2 and a half. the engine is nice but when i buy a truck i want what i want and i wont settle for a great motor but crappy living space. yes. i work so much i pretty much live in my truck. man those ford guys were awesome... letting us do that and everything... the best part of it all was, when we got back to the chevy dealership... this guy was in the lot talking to a salesmen lookin at a duramax when i pulled up in this beautiful fire engine red 6.4 and tan leather interior. that guy walked right away from that chevy salesmen and started looking at the ford, i pretty much sold it to him and he followed us back to the ford dealership.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2007, 07:59 PM
Banned

most of the nicer 08's have traction controll...thats probably the burnout problem....
Old 04-18-2007, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroker27 View Post
i went to a ford dealership the other day with my brother and test drove an 08 6.4... i told the salesmen " i wonder if this is faster than the new duramax"? so the salesmen me and my brother drove the 08 down to a chevy dealership. my brother got in the 07 duramax (note pre emissions era) and we took off down the street.. that duramax whooped that 6.4's a#$ all up and down. we were burning rubber and sliding around corners LOLOL those salesmen were holding on for dear life LOL. it was a great time. all in all, i would take the ford, the intertior is beautiful! and the truck is SO QUIET. i like my truck and have it loud but when u get in that thing its like a CAR! and it pulls plenty hard for me.... i couldn't get the 6.4 to spin its tires right off the line but had no problem doing it around a corner hehehe...going up to 90 mph on the freeway the duramax had me all the way up. but it was NOISY on the freeway and didn't drive as smooth as the ford... both trucks were the same bed/cab configuration. we also tested the 07 cummins but i hated the interior so bad we didn't bother racing it with the others. and the 4 doors weren't really 4 doors more like 2 and a half. the engine is nice but when i buy a truck i want what i want and i wont settle for a great motor but crappy living space. yes. i work so much i pretty much live in my truck. man those ford guys were awesome... letting us do that and everything... the best part of it all was, when we got back to the chevy dealership... this guy was in the lot talking to a salesmen lookin at a duramax when i pulled up in this beautiful fire engine red 6.4 and tan leather interior. that guy walked right away from that chevy salesmen and started looking at the ford, i pretty much sold it to him and he followed us back to the ford dealership.

I purchased my 08 F250 Desiel based on looks, quite engine, hp and torque. I have a 2001 Vette if I need to look for real speed. I do not really think I will be racing my new F250. Frankly it cost too much money and I do not believe racing a heavy vehicle really proves too much. The Chevys and Dodges look cheap to me and the ride is no where near the new F250 and not even close on engine quiteness. Of couse I have always liked Ford trucks over all others. I always look at the resale value of vehicles. So far the Fords have always beat the competition hands down!
Old 04-18-2007, 06:32 PM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
Good times it sounds like!
Old 04-19-2007, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJohnWayne View Post
Good times it sounds like!
I agree that it would be good times. I do not think, however, it means that one engine is better than another simply based on racing the vehicles. You have to look at the weight of the trucks, the rear end ratio, etc. The new Ford Desiel has two turbos. One for the low end and one for the high end and it is much more stringent on emmisions. Once everyone figures out how to improve the emmision restrictions and not void their Ford warranty there will probably be a different story. 350 hp from this stock 6.4 desiel is not too shabby. Remember that everyone complained about the 7.3 being too slow!

But yep I completly agree spinning wheels and kicking up some dirt is always fun!
Old 04-19-2007, 03:25 PM

Sounds like fun, the Duramax probably weighed in a petite 6-7,000 lbs in her running shoes, the Ford between 8-9,000 lbs. I test drove each of the big three. The Duramax was comparable to the Dodge 6.7 in acceleration,both would bark there tires with a hard launch. The Ford rode the best,easily the best interior and creature comforts. The Dodge with it's engine brake and mega-cab was impressive... I am not overly concerned about the 6.4 PS I have the sense Ford would not kill their Super Duty truck with another problem under the hood.I am looking to get another diesel in 30-90 days, really interested in the mileage and hp reports as these trucks get broke in good-30,000 to 60,000 miles.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:31 PM

talking about the 6.7 Dodges..how do they fair in acceleration against the Duramax?
Old 04-25-2007, 07:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezzrider View Post
ISo far the Fords have always beat the competition hands down!
Hmm......in sales. When it comes to the dyno, drag strip and sled pull track they are usually throwing their hands up.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:42 AM

it's kind of a tossup between the 6.7L CTD and the 6.6L DTD in a race,it depends how the driver runs them..
Old 04-26-2007, 06:16 AM

i looked hard at the gmc before i bought mine, i have talked to people who have owned both and in the end they prefer the ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.