No aftermarket changes for 08 Ford F250 Desiel - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2007, 01:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No aftermarket changes for 08 Ford F250 Desiel

I spoke with my dealer concerning the 08 F250 6.4L Desiel Engine prior to my purchase. I was told that any modifications to the engine or exhaust system will void the manufacturers warranty. I was told that any changes or modifications to the engine would permanently register in the engines computer for Ford to later review and void the warranty. I guess this is to in part help prevent the problems that occurred with the 6.0L engine. Of course it could also be to just get Ford all the money on future performance modifications. I guess my 08 F250 will remain stock (at least until AFTER the warranty period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Good Luck

Good luck with your purchase. I would be interested in one if I could have afforded the price tag. Congratulations!
Old 04-16-2007, 01:38 PM
Banned

That was one of the reasons I held back on an 08 purchase. I need to mod, it's part of my blood! haha Beautiful trucks though! I just saw a 450 at my dealer and wow... loved it. But since I can't mod it, I'll be sticking with my 06 which I AM more than happy with!

-nate
Old 04-16-2007, 02:13 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TWO50Diesel View Post
That was one of the reasons I held back on an 08 purchase. I need to mod, it's part of my blood! haha Beautiful trucks though! I just saw a 450 at my dealer and wow... loved it. But since I can't mod it, I'll be sticking with my 06 which I AM more than happy with!

-nate
Umm Nate you should hold onto your current truck for many many years. It is one of the best looking trucks I've seen personally.

Oh - for the 2008's - it won't be long b4 there is programming out that can override ford's "failsafe" stuff so they won't know it was modded!
Old 04-17-2007, 07:43 PM

when i went and test drove an 08 they said the same thing to me. cant mod it else they will void it...
Old 05-18-2007, 12:30 AM

I love threads like this. People are willing to spend thousands of dollars modding a vehicle and cry when they have to pay for repairs that are caused by their modding. Maybe there is a reason they void the warranty...because the mod caused the damage or allowed t=you to do something that caused the damage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.