6.4 towing - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2007, 12:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.4 towing

Has anyone had a 6.4 hooked to a gooseneck to see how they are going to run with a trailer I hope they smoke the d-max with a load.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2007, 04:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

As a matter of fact i just got through pulling a long gooseneck w/ a new 08 F350 split chassis loaded on it today to check to see if the 2nd radiator i installed was going to blow. Going up a long steep incline which was about 4 tenths of a mile long & looked at the speedometer & i was going 80 mph & did'nt know it. I was watching to pressure checker i had installed to monitor the pressures & just forgot. I could barely tell the trlr. was attached. Thats how well i like them.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Well I've only got 9k but it's not straining at all. I've been over some pretty big hills but no mountain passes.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Pulls like a dream. 35' gooseneck with 20 5x5 bales of hay.

Jeff

6.4 towing-dsc009191.jpg
Old 06-25-2007, 05:32 AM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
I pulled my 1998 GMC Z71 Prerunner on a 27ft. dove tail , Mini chopper, ATV, my girl and her son with his whole bed in the back of the cab, truck kept 80 85 cruise control with out a sweat!
Old 06-25-2007, 07:04 AM
Serving Our Country!

Somewhere, I saw a leaked video off of a cellphone of the 6.4s in testing before it came out. In the test, they drag raced the 6.4 against the Dmax and cummins(5.9) up a hill with identical trailers that I want to say were either 10-15klbs. Against the cummins, the stroke waited for it to take off and then took off and sucked him up and blew past him. Against the dmax, the left at the same time and the stroke steadily just pulled away from the cheby.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:46 PM

Towing w/ the 6.4

Once I get the 5th wheel in my new CC and hook on to our 10 year old 35-footer I'll have a better idea - especially since my girlfriend likes to pack everything we own in it! I figure if it takes me 75 trips between the house and the trailer packing stuff, at an average of 50 lbs a trip, that's what - about a million lbs.? Seriously, the thing loaded weighs around 12000 lbs and I suspect will be piece of cake to tow. This 6.4 stock easily outpulls my old '03 S'Cab 7.3 litre with an Evolution programmer, big exhaust and a big downpipe when I load up my 10 foot Kodiak camper, hook onto the boat (20 foot Campion fiberglass cuddy cabin) and take off. It's almost scary to think what it'll be like once I juice the new one up. I don't think anybody builds anything you can't hook onto with a new SD 6.4 liter and take right off like nothing!:drive:
Old 08-05-2007, 05:48 PM
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER

Our 550 out pulls my truck hands down. It doesn't get a good fuel mileage, but we tow every day with it. Our goose neck weighs 7500 lbs empty. Add a 18,000 lb backhoe, it will pull decent grades with no problems. It has no problems maintaining 60-65 mph with it. You really can't even tell it's back there. I'm constantly looking in the mirror to see if the tractor fell off It's a real beast!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.