Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Direct aftermarket subwoofer replacement

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  atnolan94 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I have the factory subwoofer. I'm looking for something a little nicer, but don't want to do a full rewire and put a new amp in. I've heard the factory amp is good for about 150 watts. If this is the case, could I just run an 8" kicker comp or something right in the factory box/wiring?

If not, are there any other decent options without a full sub/amp/box replacement?

#2 ·
im not to sure how much more output you would gain on the stock box. its pretty small and there are a couple drop in replacements.

Look up the Kicker SFSDC08 VSS

its a little spendy but it has the factory plugs on the end even! and all you need to do is run power from the batt

#3 · (Edited)
For others that start down this path. I put a 200 watt (4ohm) 8" MB Quart sub in the stock box and wired it up.....it sounds better but it doesn't have any hit at all to it, and the constant bass is much quieter than before. I don't believe this is a very practical path. The stock box is tiny, it sounds like the sub just doesn't have any air to push. I'm going to use an old mono block amp I have laying around and throw a shallow mount Kicker compRT in there in a ported box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.