Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Moving a power rear window from 2016 to 2016

559 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Remodelboy 
#1 ·
Moving from a 2016 long bed to a 2016 short bed to fit a camper. Before I sell the long bed, I would like to move it's power rear window to the short bed. The short bed currently has a solid rear window and no switch on the ceiling console between the map lights like the long bed has.

The dealership selling me the short bed says they cannot do it. I plan to ask another dealership, but want to know if this is something that I can do. Also, would someone know if the wiring is already probably installed in the short bed - they are both 2016 xlt's with the xlt premium packages.

They are almost exactly alike except that the shortbed does not have the power rear window.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Anyone?

Should I check with a body shop or auto glass company?

I figure that I would have to remove the rear seats from both trucks along with most of the trim in the area. I also expect to move the motor, cables and switch from the donor to the recipient.

Just trying to figure out if the actual glass removal and replacement is above my pay grade.

#4 ·
Thanks Zmann! Weird situation resulted in me having possession of both vehicles at the same time. The aftermarket unit is probably a good idea, but it is so tempting to swap out the rear windows on both trucks, especially if I can find out for sure if the electrical is in place.

And actually, once I took delivery of the short bed with the fixed rear window, it looked so nice I almost don't want to mess with it.

I will be eventually mounting a camper on the short bed and my wife really wants the dogs to be able to move back and forth. After having the remote switch for the powered window, we've found it much nicer to allow fresh air to move through the cabin than rolling down the rear passenger side windows - not much noise and no "vibrating air pulse" to hurt our ears.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.