My 6.0L Problem - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 05:01 PM
wriott

My 6.0L Problem

Ok alot of you have been asking me about my lawsuit involving my 6.0... Well the lawsuit is now settled so i will tell everyone my story...

FIRST: This is not a flame thead or an argument thread this is my story and i am telling it because ALOT of people have asked. also i just want to say that i LOVED my 05 WHEN it was running.

OK... I bought the truck in Dec 2006 with 12K on the truck (demo, owner of the dealership owned it). I saw the truck in the local auto trader. it was at a dealership about 1.5 hours from the house. the ad stated that it had performance upgrades. i called the dealership (spoke with salesman "Bob") and got the info on the truck. it had an intake (AFE) and a 4" turbo back exhaust along with a BullyDog Chip (dont start) Knowing from past experiences i knew that these items voided the factory warrenty. while on the phone with "Bob" i inquired about the warrenty issues. i asked if the warrenty was still valid or if it was voided. i didnt want a truck with a voided warrenty as the wife would be driving it all over the country showing horses. Bob checked with the store manager "joe" (also owner son). joe stated that the warrenty was NOT voided because they installed these items and they are certified by ford to modify vehicles. i asked SEVERAL times during the conversation and agian they stated that the warrenty wasnt voided.

So i set up a time to come and look at the truck with the wife the next day. We go and look at the truck and it is "MINT" (still had factory seat covers on it) while there i agian ask SEVERAL times about the warrenty, and hear the same story. we go ahead a buy the truck (trade in a 03 F-250 CC SB 4wd fully loaded with 90K on it) and we also buy the ford 100k premium (super duper) warrenty. once home (next day) i see that it has a trans leak call the dealership and take it in to get it fixed (1.5 hour drive, no loaner wife had to follow) ended up being bad TC.

The truck is used for hauling the horse trailer (30K) and random equipment for the farm. in May wife is driving with trailer to Chicago area, truck breaks down, gets towed to same dealership (ends up being IDM). get the truck back after its in for a week. from May thru August its back into the dealership for several things ranging from heater not working to turbo replacement (3x).

In August i am hauling the horse trailer and it breaks down on me. Get it towed back to the same dealership to get repaired (ends up being a high pressure oil line and 3 injectors). i go to get the truck (after a week) and i pull out into the road and i see that it is GUTLESS, no boost. take it back to the dealership to get it fixed (ends up being turbo, 4th one). after another week i go and get the truck, running good now.

One week later the truck is IDLEing in my drive way. while in the house i hear a LOUD bang. go out and the truck is blowing white, grayish smoke out the exhaust. sounds like a rod knock and is idleing really bad. well its sitting in the middle of the drive way so i have to move it out of the way. when i try to move it, it wont hardly move under its own power and the rod knock is getting worse. well i get it moved and shut it down. call the same dealership to have it towed. they state that they cant work on it and i have to take it to my local dealership. fine i get it towed there and have them work on it.

Now the entire time i have had the truck it gets used and ALL maintence is done at the dealerships. all repairs have been completed under warrenty with out a problem. the truck when taken to the local dealership now has 49K on it. and has spent 47 days in the dealership for repairs.

The local dealership tears into it and decide that it needs a new motor (2 warped heads, 4 bad pistons, bad valves, broken Cam, bad EGR, bad oil cooler, and others i cant remember). Ford has to send a rep out to approve of the repair request. they DENY my warrenty due to aftermarket parts installed (intake, exhaust, and chip). i flip a lid when i find out and call the dealership i bought the truck from. they stated "sorry about your luck, there is nothing we can do"....

Well needless to say im PISSED. i spent 3500 on a ford warrenty that isnt gonna help me. and they LIED to me. well long story short (as if this isnt long already), i sue the dealership i bought it from for false advertisement, breech of contract and some other stuff i dont know what it means.

I bought the truck in dec 2006, the truck blew up Aug 2007, and i JUST settled (got check in mail today). been paying payments, insurance, tags, etc on this truck for almost 2 years without even driving it. i had to go out and by another truck (my 02) because i need a truck. needless to say that it worked out for the best

I know there are some things that i forgot but as i reread it i will make corrections as needed, im sick of typing right now.

P.S. when the truck was running it was one of the best trucks i have owned. great power going down the road and it was great to drive. I LOVED it, but now i dont care for the 6.0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Glad things worked out for ya. I also bought an 02 while my 05 was on a lift while getting a reman engine. 7 weeks without a truck gets old.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:18 PM
wriott

try 22 months.... lol
Old 06-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Banned

Sorry to hear about that but at least you got the situation taken care of!
Old 06-10-2009, 05:38 PM

Thats a hell of a story.
Reading it just makes me cringe.
Sorry you had to go through so much bull.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Glad to hear everything work out. My dad wanted to do something along the lines you did with his truck but he never did have the time
Old 06-10-2009, 06:12 PM
wriott

i kept asking myself.... "why dont i just go and put a motor in it, i can get one for under 2k" well the settlement made it worth it
Old 06-12-2009, 06:30 AM
wriott

one last bump....
Old 06-12-2009, 06:42 AM

Glad you got everything taken care of, but sorry that you have a sour taste for 6.0L now. I love mine, but I guess that with these 6.0L it is all luck of the draw. Have a good day and buy yourself some mods for that '02 now. LOL

-French
Old 06-12-2009, 06:48 AM

It's good to see the good guys win one! Congradulations!
Mechanics at my Ford Dealer told me point blank, get rid of the 6.0....... I said 6.4, they said worse. I said Chevy? Dodge? They said either. LOL
I haven't listened, hope it don't bite me, again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.