Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

New Vibrations

587 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  20stroker02 
#1 ·
So I just developed a slight vibration. no vibration at idle, but happens all the way up to about 70-75 where it stops. Doesn't vibrate while coasting to a stop or braking. You can feel it a little in the pedal, bust mostly in the floorboards, but not in the seat. Checked and my hubs are unlocked, so i figure it cant be my front driveshaft right, as that only spins when the hubs are locked. Any help??

#3 ·
how do i check them once i lift the rear end off the ground?

#4 ·
Grab hold of the dive shaft moving from left to right and up and down. If you see to much movement just look at the u-joint that is a little sloppy, 9 times out of ten it will be the rear-rear u-joint.

#5 ·
awesome as far as removal goes, does it just bolt right up, or do i have to pull both driveshafts if that is the issue??

#6 ·
If it is on the rear shaft it will come out with 4 saddle straps removed. If you have never done u-joints before I think there is a "how to" on the site, or you can just google "u-joint replacement". It's fairly easy, I just use an old socket, big f*#^ing hammer and a block of wood.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.