Replacing injectors, how big is safe on stock? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 08:44 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Replacing injectors, how big is safe on stock?

In the past 2 weeks, I've replaced 3 injectors in the truck, and #4 is on its way out. I'm planning on going ahead and replacing all 8 now, just to get it done and over with. I've seen some aftermarket rebuilt injectors with a little larger CC rating than stock, but was curious what size would be safe to run on a stock truck with no tuner. I'm going to get one later on, but I want to do all of the preventative mods first (egr delete mainly).

These are the ones I'm looking at

Looking at the stage 1 from these guys
Elite Diesel Engineering Fuel Injectors for 6.0L Powerstroke

Which one would be safe from here, the 40's or the 70's
Pensacola Diesel Inc. - FORD POWERSTROKE :: HIGH PERFORMANCE INJECTORS 40,70 & 100HP 7.3L & 6.0L :: 6.0L 40 & 70HP INJECTOR(SET OF 8)

If there is another company that makes them better or for cheaper, I'd like to find that too

Thanks,
Jimmie

Edit: Truck is an 06 350 srw with the 6.0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2009, 09:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to Farmerjohn Send a message via Yahoo to Farmerjohn
Im wondering the samething
Old 06-08-2009, 09:03 AM
wriott

if you are going to be doing injectors then i would also recommend to do head studs at the same time, either set would be fine for your truck but you wont take full advantage of them until you have a chip
Old 06-08-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriott View Post
if you are going to be doing injectors then i would also recommend to do head studs at the same time, either set would be fine for your truck but you wont take full advantage of them until you have a chip
I'd like to, but I have to see what budget allows at the moment. If I can I will though....
Old 06-08-2009, 10:33 AM

I have never seen good reviews about pensacola's injectors, do a search on here and you should come up with a few threads on the subject.

Just an FYI
Old 06-08-2009, 01:15 PM
wriott

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwil View Post
I have never seen good reviews about pensacola's injectors, do a search on here and you should come up with a few threads on the subject.

Just an FYI
i agree, i didnt see who the second set was from when i first posted...

I wouldnt waste the time to do the injectors unless you can do the head studs at the same time. no point in not installing them when you are half way there to do them
Old 06-08-2009, 06:15 PM

Well, I ordered some injectors today. Got a 150cc set from outlaw diesel, also got their EGR delete kit (full kit with up pipe). The budget just doesn't allow for the studs right now. If the headgaskets do decide to let go, I'll do it then, or if the budget builds up enough to allow it later on. Injectors were first priority, and the egr cooler is going to let go any time now, so it took priority number 2...
Old 06-08-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrragsda View Post
Well, I ordered some injectors today. Got a 150cc set from outlaw diesel, also got their EGR delete kit (full kit with up pipe). The budget just doesn't allow for the studs right now. If the headgaskets do decide to let go, I'll do it then, or if the budget builds up enough to allow it later on. Injectors were first priority, and the egr cooler is going to let go any time now, so it took priority number 2...
6.0L EGR Components
Old 06-09-2009, 01:49 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Lubbockguy1979
I was under the impression they don't rebuild the injectors meaning if they are bad they will still be bad just flow more cc's they rebuild your I jectors for cc displacement but not a full rebuild
Old 06-09-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubbockguy1979 View Post
I was under the impression they don't rebuild the injectors meaning if they are bad they will still be bad just flow more cc's they rebuild your I jectors for cc displacement but not a full rebuild
The injectors I am getting are remanufactured and modified. i'm getting a whole new set, then sending mine in as cores. They are completely remaned...

My egr kit came in today. It all looks very good and very well made. Kudo's to whoever is running the tig welding machine, they are doing some beautiful work. I always think my tig welds look good till I see the work of a true pro.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.