Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Outlook Monitor Going Dim

776 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  andre_outlaw 
#1 ·
Just noticed a couple nights ago that the blue lighting in my outlook has gotten so dim I can hardly see it at night. Anyone had this problem?

#2 ·
My edge insite monitor does this when it sits in the hot sun for a little while when the truck isnt running, i always unplug it for a while and maybe throw the monitor in the glove box to cool down for a few minutes plug it back in and its good to go. other than that i dont have any other way to remedy this, maybe someone else knows how to fix this.

#3 ·
my buddys outlook did that for a few weeks then it just went out completely. as for getting it fixed he said he called them and they wanted him to send it in and they could repair it but it would take awhile.

#5 ·
Fixed mine today. Went to the Electronic Parts Outlet and got a super bright green LED. Sanded it down some with the dremmel to fit and soldered it in. Now it's just as bright and the same color green as the factory panel.

#7 ·
Update.....the superbright LED is a little too bright. It's around twice as bright as the factory gauges. Not unbearable, but definitely something to get used to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.